How Do You Order the Correct/Latest Hardware Version

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-14 15:39:40
Tags: #Feature Request #Product Listings
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20211118 rel.71177(5553)

About a year ago, I purchased the Archer AX6000 hardware version 2 and loved it. I recently wanted to purchase another, but I've been unable to get my hands on a hardware version 2 model. No matter who I've tried to order from, they can't seem to do the simple thing of looking at the box to confirm the hardware version. All I can seem to get is hardware version 1.6 at the best. Is the only way to get the correct version to order it directly from TP-Link?

I guess the main point here is that even major vendors don't have a clue and claim that their listings for the product on their website come directly from TP-Link. Yes, they are directly blaming TP-Link for the misinformation and inability to properly fill an order for the product.

On a side note, it's a huge difference between the two versions in performance and makes me wonder if there is a newer version from version 2.

Options
2 Reply
Re:How Do You Order the Correct/Latest Hardware Version
2023-01-18 02:00:37

@MageProStudios,

A few things:

All Hardware Versions can be seen on the support and download page for the product model. Looking at your device, the V2 is still the most recent hardware version.

Hardware versions are not often monumental upgrades to product lines, and often are simply labeled with a different version due to being manufactured in a different region or facility, or maybe using a different chipset than other versions. There are even cases where hardware versions are specific to where they are being sold and to what retailer. It looks like the AX6000 is sold on Amazon and BestBuy, so I would start there as they will have the most up to date inventory.

If the difference was dramatic, I would imagine that there are not too many V1 units still in circulation, as I would think the production would have been replaced with the V2

Options
Re:How Do You Order the Correct/Latest Hardware Version
2023-01-18 02:34:56

@Riley_S 

Hey Riley!

What you are talking about is the support page and has very little to do with attempting to order the correct hardware version that I've been spending over a month and thousands of dollars to do. What I'm talking about is what resellers and distributors have listed on their sites. Assuring that you've purchased a hardware version 2 seems like a near impossible task unless you have an endless budget.

What I'm finding doesn't completely jive with what you are saying. Different chipsets DO make a difference. Different RJ45 sockets make a difference for the level of CAT cable used as does the RF tuning for the antenna structures. These are small changes by themselves and I would challenge the definition of the word monumental when it comes to squeaking out performance for price.

I have ordered several units in the past month from Amazon and several different vendors/outlets. If they had them in stock. Many did not (Best Buy) have anything in stock for that model regardless of hardware version in the 5 stores I went to physically check on. Secondly, when asked to please check the model numbers on the bottoms of the boxes for the v#, they (like TigerDirect Business) refused or were not capable of checking before I could place an order. The only way to assure a ver 2 purchase was to completely purchase all their stock and sort through each box to find one with a Ver 2 on it.

Those that did look, reported to me that they were version 1.6, not hardware version 2 as requested.

For what it's worth, the hardware versions are NOT listed anywhere on the vendors posted descriptions of the device. As I mentioned, they say that these listings are taken directly from the tp-Link website for that item.

Said pages do not contain information about hardware versions, but do include some clues as the tp-link page for that product was altered for the hardware change. Viewing on the tp-link website, unless it is hidden in the code, there is no visible listing of hardware version. Looking in the web Time Machine that caches old versions of websites, show slight changes when hardware version 2 was released. This new info is always being dragged into other vendors (such as Amazon) web portals and they are selling the version 1.6 as version 2. 

There is no relevance to hardware version changes on anyone's website, so us consumers take our chances to get what the little birdie shot at.
In a nutshell, it would be nice if hardware changes were noted specifically in the web page so that vendors would also know the difference and give the customer what they want/need.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 400

Replies: 2

Tags

Feature Request
Product Listings
Related Articles