Adapter for Mac OS 13 (Ventura)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-15 15:32:42
Model: Archer T3U  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

The company behind TP Link really needs to get their act together. First of all, I have a T3U Plus. The "Plus" model isn't even available to select when I started this thread for what model I have.

More egregious, the box for this adapter says it would work with "Mac OS". That's it. No mention about what specific OS's it might work with. I have "Mac OS", the box says "Mac OS", so it will work right? WRONG. They only have drivers that will work with up to 10.15. Who even has that anymore??

I was all set to return the adapter when I stumbled across this thread here:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/239134

I just wanted to say that makeshift driver does work with OS 13.1. It is a convoluted process, and the fact that the writer does not have English as a first language does not help. But stick with it, and you'll get there. No damage to my computer that I could see.

Now, I will trash talk TP-Link some more. How on earth is some random guy on the internet able to provide a driver fix for this product, and TP-Link cannot? That was a royal waste of time, and believe me, if I had another option, I would have returned the product. But, unfortunately, I need it for now. Never buying a TP-Link product again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 439

Replies: 0