Deco M9-Plus USB File Sharing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-19 17:00:46
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6

I'm sure I'm not the first to mention this, but the USB port on the M9 Plus is useless without the ability to use it for file sharing. It's a super simple, basic feature that's available on hundreds of routers on the market (including many of TP-Link's) but for some reason is not available on the M9 Plus. 

I saw the port on the router and assumed it would be usable and was surprised to find out when I received it that it was not usable. There have been mentions in the community in the past that if enough people request it then they would consider adding it...but still nothing.

Now that the newest flagship router has a usable USB port (for $1200) I'm hoping they'll finally push that same functionality into the legacy routers as well.

I really hope TP-Link isn't going to abandon its faithful users and reserve this feature only for those elite new users willing to pay for the newest (and most expensive) rounter in their line.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M9-Plus USB File Sharing
2023-01-19 18:16:05

@RCUSER,

Now that the USB File Sharing Feature has at least made it to the Deco Line, I will be more than happy to forward the request to see the feature on older Deco Model.

On older models, the USB port is used for manual firmware upgrades, rather than for USB sharing. I believe that he M9 is actually one of the very few deco models that had released with a USB port, so I can see if the team has looked at bringing it to this model.

Don't forget by the way, that the BE95 is only available for preorder and has not been released yet. As the other WI-Fi 7 models are released, we may get more information on the topic. If the feature for older devices is never announced or is delayed, don't forget that you can upgrade your network by upgrading just the main node. As we get further into the year, there will be several upgrade options that are relatively affordable and will provide a huge number of new features.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 330

Replies: 1

Related Articles