Deco P9 online clients vs actual connected

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-06 19:25:10
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: Latest

Hi, my app shows 5 online clients, and all 5 have Internet access via the deco. However, the app shows only 2 clients connected to two of my deco's. Where is the 5th device and why does it not show it as connected to any Deco's? The device in question is my mobile which is used for the deco app. Please see screenshot.

File:
Screenshot_20230206_191431_Deco.jpgDownload
Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco P9 online clients vs actual connected
2023-02-07 06:51:36

@B0EJENS0N 

Hi, welcome to the community.

When you go to the device settings of "Joe-s-S22", will you see any information like this?

If not, please turn off the "Mesh technology" of this device first, then check again under the device settings.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-02-07 08:43:33

@David-TP it randomly just started showing all the clients again after I posted this, sorry. One question, if a device is connected to a specific deco and I disable mesh technology for that device, will that force it to always connect to that deco? Some of my ring outside cameras are fussy and for stability I want them to stay on the same Deco.

Options
2023-02-07 18:55:29

@B0EJENS0N,

Updates are rolling out to Decos slowly that introduces this specific function, however, this is still in development for models.

I would read through this article to learn what settings you may want to alter: Mesh Settings on Deco

I would look at both mesh networking and fast roaming options to see if they improve the connection.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 131

Replies: 3

Related Articles