Deco App and Units (X55/X60) not connecting via ethernet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-07 02:33:18 - last edited 2023-02-14 08:16:50
Model: Deco X55   TL-SG116   Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 (X60) and 1.5.1 (X55)

I'm having major issues getting the Decos to show up as connected, and stay connected.

I have 4 Deco units.  Three of the X60 units, placed in my house (Basement, Living room, Attic).  One X55 unit in my Garage.  The Living room unit is dedicated as the "Main" unit.

Fiber Internet comes into my Archer AX4400, and connects to the main 16-port Switch (TL-SG116E).  The 16-port switch has no configuration or vlan setting changes, and is currently running "factory state".  All 4 Deco units are connected with Cat6A cables, all cables have been tested end to end, and show no errors.

The 2 problem units are the Basement (X60) and Garage (X55).  In the Deco app, when I first open up the app it warns me that 2 Decos are offline.  However, the Basement shows as being connected via ethernet.  The Garage initially shows up as being offline, but clicking on device details show the garage as both connected via ethernet, and has devices connected to it via wifi.

If I disconnect the switch connection to the garage, 15 seconds later the deco shows as being both online, and connected via wifi.  The unit goes green in person.
Plugging the deco back into the ethernet switch causes the deco to go offline, and checking on the unit shows a red flashing light.  But again, within the deco app the garage X55 reconnects to be both "Offline" but also connected via ethernet.

The Attic Deco (X60) is also connected via ethernet, but only shows as being connected via wifi.  The unit stays green, and shows no issues connecting other devices.  It never wants to connect via ethernet.

I have updated firmware multiple times to all units.  The X55 last updated to 1.5.1, and the X60 to 1.1.0.  Under notices, I always have "Firmware updates available for Deco X55.  It wants to download firmware to 1.1.0 again, however I've done this step more than 5 times now, and the X55 always says it wants a 1.1.0 update, despite giving a confirmation page that units have been updated to 1.5.1 and 1.1.0 respectively.

All my network gear is TP-Link, but the deco units are stuggling real hard to stay online, and really do not like being connected via Ethernet.  The update thread says my X55 should have higher for!ware available but it cannot get past 1.1.0. Please tell me how to update to the latest firmware, and get the decos to all connect via ethernet when plugged into my 16-port switch.  The garage X55 needs an ethernet connection to get proper connunication.  I need it to have a stable Ethernet feed. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco App and Units (X55/X60) not connecting via ethernet-Solution
2023-02-13 16:53:01 - last edited 2023-02-14 08:16:50

I found the AP setting in the deco app and changed it over. Problem solved. All units are connecting properly over ethernet. All units green, and wifi is great everywhere.

I assumed AP was the default setting. It took me a while to find it in the menus.  I'm also surprised that "router mode" is so buggy. But I now know to avoid router mode, so problem solved.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco App and Unict (X55/X60) not connecting via ethernet
2023-02-07 02:39:04 - last edited 2023-02-07 02:40:20
Options
Re:Deco App and Unict (X55/X60) not connecting via ethernet
2023-02-08 07:18:01

@ZirbMonkey 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Did the Deco work in AP mode? since if it is in router mode, only the main Deco could connect to SG116E.

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

As for the firmware upgrade, Have you checked the current firmware version on the Deco X55? I think the current APP only updates the firmware of Deco X60.

If possible, you could try to log into the web UI of Deco X55 to update the firmware via web UI individually.

(The IP of Deco X55 is not 192.168.68.1 and this should be the IP of main Deco. You could find the IP address of Deco X55 on the Deco APP>Deco settings page, usually under the MAC address.)

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco App and Units (X55/X60) not connecting via ethernet-Solution
2023-02-13 16:53:01 - last edited 2023-02-14 08:16:50

I found the AP setting in the deco app and changed it over. Problem solved. All units are connecting properly over ethernet. All units green, and wifi is great everywhere.

I assumed AP was the default setting. It took me a while to find it in the menus.  I'm also surprised that "router mode" is so buggy. But I now know to avoid router mode, so problem solved.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 553

Replies: 3