Change Operating mode from AP mode to Router Mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-07 19:06:30
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.2

I currently have my Decos set up in AP mode with no issue.  I am changing ISPs and can now use my own router, so I'd like to change to router mode using the main deco as the router.  Is there a process for changing modes ? I am unable to get a WAN ip after changing modes. Here's what I did.

1.) While still on my old internet connection, I changed the operating mode to router mode, it reboots and comes up in router mode, but still going through my old internet.

2.) put new WAN cable into the 2.5gig port, reboot. It will not get a wan IP off the new connection.

Hopefully there is a way to move from one operating mode to the other without entirely rebuilding my network.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Change Operating mode from AP mode to Router Mode
2023-02-08 06:21:47

@measley123 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Have you tried to go to Deco APP>More>Internet connections>choose dynamic IP to do a setup first?

If you have a wired laptop, it is also suggested to connect the PC via cable to the ISP modem to make sure the internet service is working properly now.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 155

Replies: 1