Many of my devices show up on the Offline Clients list, even though they are online

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Many of my devices show up on the Offline Clients list, even though they are online

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-08 23:32:25
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.2 Build 20221020 Rel. 40492

I know this has been posted here before, but the answers seem old and the resolutions rather drastic, so I was wondering if there has been any update to this issue.

Simply put, at any time 20 or more of the devices in my network show up as Offline Clients even though they work fine. 

Some of them kind of hop on and off the Online Clients list now and then, while other devices never show up as Online, and some never show up as Offline.

Of the 67 devices I have connected, the best I have gotten them is around 55 connected. (As I write this it shows 51.)

Anyway, is there any resolve for this?

Thanks,

Dave

Deco XE75 PRO x 3
Options
7 Reply
Re:Many of my devices show up on the Offline Clients list, even though they are online
2023-02-09 07:17:36

@deebeeeff 

Hi, nice to see you again.

The Client's status issue on the Deco APP needs continuous optimization and normally they are checked case by case.

Could you please refer to this link to help me submit the APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

Among these missing or offline devices, can I have their model numbers, such as your Sensi smart thermostat?

Are they all wirelessly connected to Deco XE75 Pro? Have you set up any static IP addresses on these devices?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Many of my devices show up on the Offline Clients list, even though they are online
2023-02-09 14:17:24

@David-TP 

Once more my thanks for your help.

Log sent.

Of the items on the list, only the Sensi non-touch thermostat has a static IP address, and that was just assigned last night. Would I benefit from assigning static IP addresses to all stationary devices?

All are wirelessly connected. The items that are wired connections have not shown up on the Offline list as far as I know.

The model numbers are too numerous to mention, and also hard to track down as they jump back and forth between showing up as being online and offline.

But right now, on the list are:

• 4 Blink cameras and the Blink DHCP - the Blink DHCP is not a physical device. I assume it is generated by the Blink controllers, of which there are two; they tend to stay Online. As I was writing this, I looked at all 4 cameras, all of which worked perfectly. They then popped up briefly on the Online list before dropping back to Offline.
  • Sensi thermostat - most of the time when I was writing this it stayed Online, but it briefly dropped to Offline when I was looking at the Blink cameras, then went back online.
  • Ecovacs Deebot vacuum.
  • A blu-ray player - not surprising as the only time it has been used in years was when I attached it to the new network. 
  • My HP printer.
  • My brand new Subaru, but it should be offline right now as it only connects when I start the car. laugh
  • Both of my Kindles, one several years old and one about a year old.
  • And a whole bunch of Smart Life connected smart plugs - various brands - , most of which are several years old, probably first or second generation smart plugs. (However, I do have an equal number of the same type of plugs that seem to remain steadfastly connected.)

I think that answers all of your questions.

Thanks once more.

Dave

Deco XE75 PRO x 3
Options
2023-02-13 02:26:08

@deebeeeff  having the same issue has your problem been solved, if so could  you please advise 

Options
2023-02-13 03:41:49

@Dellki 

Not yet. TP-Link has been really good about reaching out to me, but at this point, as long as the things work, I am not going to care if they show up as offline or not.

Things that show up as offline bounce onto the online list when I access them, and then drop off. Most of them are older items, so I am guessing that they are missing whatever the Deco devices need to keep them online all the time.

I am still going to pursue things when I have time.

Thanks,

Dave

Deco XE75 PRO x 3
Options
2023-02-13 04:13:25

@deebeeeff thanks for the quick reply (following)

Options
2023-02-14 17:56:52

@deebeeeff 

As I said before, TP-Link has been very good about following this up with me via email. I advised them that since everything worked fine, even if it showed Offline, I wouldn't be pursuing the issue further for now.

They did, however, make a very good point in their last email to me, one which I had gathered might be the case:

"From your problem phenomenon description, it seems like the 12 devices go into sleep mode when you do not access them, so they show the offline status on the Deco app. However, once you access them, they back alive and show the online status on the Deco app."

Right now, for example, I have 12 items that show Offline.

5 of them are Blink cameras, which go through a hub, which IS Online. I suspect the hub prevents the cameras from showing as Online unless they are in use.

2 of them are Kindles

1 is my HP printer

1 is a very old Blu-Ray player; it may actually need to be reconnected to the network, but I never use it so I don't really care.

2 are items that SHOULD show offline, my Subaru Forester and a sous vide cooker.

The final item is an outdoor dual smart outlet, which is brand new, but doesn't have anything connected to it, so it is possibly asleep until I need it.

Once in awhile other items will pop onto the Offline Clients list - my Emerson Sensi thermostat for one - but they work nonetheless.

So my conclusion is that the Decos are working exactly as they should.

Thanks to all at TP-Link for the assists.

Dave

Deco XE75 PRO x 3
Options
2023-02-14 18:29:27

@deebeeeff Good day and thank you for your informative reply. Now that I know this the offline issues make more sense. I have a ring doorbell for example, and for it to conserve battery it occasionally goes into sleep mode, but in the offline section it still shows connected to thr appropriate Deco. So again thanks a million for this info.

Options