Deco M3 U-verse problems cannot pause live TV and trouble rewinding live TV, jumped to live TV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M3 U-verse problems cannot pause live TV and trouble rewinding live TV, jumped to live TV

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-09 03:59:42

I just recently installed the Deco M3 mesh system in my house. I use U else for 6 televisions. 3 TVs are wired, 3 are wireless. I have the U-verse modem in pass thru mode and I have its Wi-Fi turned off. There aren't enough ports on the U-verse router, so I have a network hub installed. In the hub I have 1 wired TV, and 2 Ethernet cables going to 2 different laptops. 

On one wired TV, I cannot pause or rewind live TV. It tells me there are too many TVs, but it happens when there is only 1 TV on. I found this old post which describes my first problem exactly:

https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/536236

My second problem occurs on a wireless TV. If I try to rewind and fast forward live TV, it hangs a bit, then tells me it has jumped to live TV. 
This Channel jumped to live TV to allow TV viewing or recording on the DVR receiver

Is anyone aware of a fix for this? Are there other settings I should try?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M3 U-verse problems cannot pause live TV and trouble rewinding live TV, jumped to live TV
2023-02-10 06:34:46

@Hcliffe 

Hi, welcome to the community.

How is Deco M3 connected to your network since it seemed only the ATT U-Verse modem and router are mentioned here?

I checked on the ATT Forum and both issues were discussed before:

Can't pause wireless receiver or rewind

Channel has jumped to live tv

And It is likely the issue is on the connection between the TV receiver and DVR, not the problem of any routers. Have you checked with ATT experts to see whether any settings need to be modified?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco M3 U-verse problems cannot pause live TV and trouble rewinding live TV, jumped to live TV
2023-02-10 22:25:46

@David-TP 

Here's how it WAS connected:

ATT Router had the U-verse WAP (wireless access point) for the wireless TV's, the DVR wire, 1 other wired U-verse set top box, and the wire for the TP-Link.  Then I had the hub plugged into the TP-Link spare port.  The hub had 2 wired laptops and 1 wired set top box. 

This morning I changed to this:

ATT router, has the WAP, the DVR, the hub and the TP-Link.  The hub has 2 wired laptops and 2 wired set top boxes. Now nothing is plugged into the spare TP-Link port. 

With this new configuration, everything seems to be working fine!!

Options