Re:XE75 PRO clients are constantly cycling online and offline...PLEASE HELP
2023-11-07 19:55:26

@Dellki sell them/return them and move on to something else

support from TP link on so many deco models is horrible

Options
2023-12-23 20:12:10

@Dellki 

I too have the same issue. Seems like this is falling on deaf ears as it was originally posted in July...

Options
2023-12-26 17:47:33

@DellkiHello.  I too am a new customer of this XE75 PRO and I am having the exact same problems.   Even the ASUS Mesh I just replaced (which is totally obnoxious IMHO) was far more stable than Deco.   I had over 100 devices but so far only 17 are able to access the new WIFI.  Fighting with each one as I go.

The ones that do connect drop and reconnect over and over.  They move to the Offline Device list and a few seconds later reconnect, sometimes it is several minutes.  Meanwhile whatever users are using that device are now getting a no activity environment.  My problem is that there is a substantial lack of tech info behind the scenes that would help us debug these problems.   WIFI signal is STRONG, MEDIUM, etc.   What db values are they experiencing.   Without solid data it is just a guess.  I am using ethernet backhaul and I have NO DATA on how it is performing at all.  I replaced all the ethernet cables with cat 7 cables.    No change or nothing substantial but that is also a guess.

I have the latest firmware.  Version 1.2.3 Build 20231011 Rel. 60272

Also - the satellite Decos randomly go "offline" even though clients are still connected or so it seems.   One or both will just stop sending/receiving data and it is random.  Then the HOME node will say the Internet is not connected.  That is ridiculous because data never stops flowing on the WAN link.   

It feels like a big joke at the moment and if I can't figure this out by 1-1-24, back they go and I'll resume my ASUS product.  That product at least had a lot of technical operational data if you wanted to look.

Sorry to be negative but this is becoming a reeal chore.

I have disabled Beamforming and Fast Roaming but that didn't change anything.

I dropped back to WPA2.  No change.

Options
2023-12-26 17:51:09
After reading all the POSTS it seems this system is just not up to the task. What a shame. I’m going to give it 2 more days then it goes back. Too expensive to operate like something a college engineer did for an Internship.
Options
2023-12-26 17:57:05

@Krix Yes it seems as though the fix for this system has been overlooked. I too am still experiencing the same issues as of now, almost a year later. Tp-link you guys must do better, for this is unacceptable. 

Krix wrote

@DellkiHello.  I too am a new customer of this XE75 PRO and I am having the exact same problems.   Even the ASUS Mesh I just replaced (which is totally obnoxious IMHO) was far more stable than Deco.   I had over 100 devices but so far only 17 are able to access the new WIFI.  Fighting with each one as I go.

The ones that do connect drop and reconnect over and over.  They move to the Offline Device list and a few seconds later reconnect, sometimes it is several minutes.  Meanwhile whatever users are using that device are now getting a no activity environment.  My problem is that there is a substantial lack of tech info behind the scenes that would help us debug these problems.   WIFI signal is STRONG, MEDIUM, etc.   What db values are they experiencing.   Without solid data it is just a guess.  I am using ethernet backhaul and I have NO DATA on how it is performing at all.  I replaced all the ethernet cables with cat 7 cables.    No change or nothing substantial but that is also a guess.

I have the latest firmware.  Version 1.2.3 Build 20231011 Rel. 60272

Also - the satellite Decos randomly go "offline" even though clients are still connected or so it seems.   One or both will just stop sending/receiving data and it is random.  Then the HOME node will say the Internet is not connected.  That is ridiculous because data never stops flowing on the WAN link.   

It feels like a big joke at the moment and if I can't figure this out by 1-1-24, back they go and I'll resume my ASUS product.  That product at least had a lot of technical operational data if you wanted to look.

Sorry to be negative but this is becoming a reeal chore.

I have disabled Beamforming and Fast Roaming but that didn't change anything.

I dropped back to WPA2.  No change.

Options
2023-12-26 18:41:14

@Krix dont wait, get rid of it now, DECO stuff now is horrible, as is their total lack of support or caring about consumers issues

Chinese company selling Chinesium junk!

Options
2023-12-31 01:45:09

@David-TP I too am having the same problem with our Deco mesh system. Our devices are constantly online/offline numerous times daily and has been doing this since day 1, thought it would eventually stop, but no such luck. Often times it goes online then immediately offline then back online for no apparent reason at all... plz help, hopefully this is not affecting the security this system to be provided. 

Options
2024-01-06 20:02:44

@David-TP I installed my new TP-Link Deco Xe75 Pro yesterday and have watched clients cycle between online and offline.  Not every app cycles.  My Apple phone, Apple watch, my Kwikset Halo lock, my Ring doorbell and Rachio cycle the most.  Is it possible that these apps don't interact enough with the router so that the router thinks they are active?  

Options
2024-04-12 19:26:33

@Dellki seems like all TP does with this is ignore, I have a new 4 mesh system and same problems persist on my IOS and android apps. tech support says they are "continuing to monitor" . IMHO that translates to "not interested".

Options
2024-04-12 20:01:14 - last edited 2024-04-12 20:01:39

@mikeproz in the race to the "bottom" of horrible networking vendors, TP Stink is closing the gap between them and the absolute worst customer service/support company, Netgear

I'm sure it wont be much longer until TP is crowned the new leader of KRAP service

Options