Extremely slow Wifi on PC after upgrading to XE75 Pro
I just installed the XE75 Pro (2-pair) in my house, replacing my old Netgear Nighthawk R7000 router, and the Wifi speed on my PC has plummeted from 300 Mbps to around 10 Mbps. The speed on my phone is working as expected: 300 Mbps down, and both devices are connected to the same 5 GHz network.
My PC is using an MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi motherboard with the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 adapter that is 802.11ac certified.
- Updating the BIOS (then rolling it back after it didn't fix the issue).
- Updating the network adapter (then rolling it back after it didn't fix the issue).
- Changing the value for the 802.11a/b/g Wireless Mode property from "Dual Band 802.11a/b/g" to "5GHz 802.11a". This was based on a thread from the Intel forum.
- Switching the channel width from 160 MHz to 80 MHz in the Deco app (that seemed to make it worse).
- Restarting the PC and Deco routers multiple times.
The really strange thing is that the network adapter in Windows reports the speed as being 300 Mbps, but running a speed test or downloading something in Steam yields a result of around 10 Mbps.