Deco and TP Link POE Switch Not Playing Nicely Together

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-17 15:33:05
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

Hi There,

I am having speed issues with my network setup which I hope someone can help with. I have a gigabit connection coming from Verizon Fios. However, it seems that my Deco S4 is not playing well with my TP Link TL-SG1210MPE switch and leading to a significant speed drop off in my wired connections.

As far as devices in the house, I have my smart tvs hard wired to the switch, 2 ethernet jacks in my home office, and everything else runs off wifi. All wired connections are using Cat 6E cable.

My current setup is as follows:

Verizon Router -> Deco S4  -> TP Link switch

Using this setup the speed coming off the switch is only 90 mbps.

I have been playing around with different setups to see what the issue is so far:

• When hard wired directly to the Verizon router I am getting the full internet speed.
  • When my verizon router is wired directly to the switch I am getting the full internet speed off the switch.
  • When the verizon router is hard wired to the Main deco unit and I connect my computer directly to the Deco the speed is slightly decreased but still fairly close to the full internet speed.

It seems the issue is that something is slowing the connection down when the Deco unit is put in between the verizon router and the switch. Any ideas what may be causing this or how I can fix it? All of my computers are macs if that changes anything.

I have tried the following setup too:

Verizon Router -> TP Link Switch -> Deco

This solves the speed issue, but using this configuration my wireless and wired devices don't work with each other (ex., I can't use Airplay on my phone connected via Wifi using the Deco with my hard wired tv that is connected through the switch). Maybe since the hard wired devices are sitting upstream from the wifi router?

Anyway, thanks so much for any help.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco and TP Link POE Switch Not Playing Nicely Together
2023-02-20 06:30:08

@SethMG 

Hi, 

under the setup here:

Verizon Router -> TP Link Switch -> Deco

You could set Deco S4 into Access Point mode so that all the wired devices could still communicate with the wireless clients:

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco and TP Link POE Switch Not Playing Nicely Together
2023-03-06 05:55:08

@SethMG out of curiousity, do you have full access to your verizon gateway? are you using it as your router or have you turned off its routing and using the deco as the router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 536

Replies: 2

Related Articles