mutiple deco models on same network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-21 18:39:23
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone.

So I know that i can use different Decos on the same network, but I am lloking for some more info.

I just got 2Gig fiber internet and it came with an Eero router, which i believe is faster than my Deco x-20s. But I do not have to use it, i can use the Deco's instead. I currently have 4 Decos. One connected to the main router. One in my office with an 8 port Gig switch connected for my work laptop and primary desktop. One in the master bedroom which is far on one end of the house and the last is in my garage when is at the other end of the house.

I believe to take advantage of the faster internet I have now, I need to upgrade my mesh network so i was thonking of getting the Deco AX6600 2 pack and replaceing the main Deco and the office Deco with these, and upgrading to  2.5 or 10GB switch in the office.

Would having the 2 X20s drag down the performance of the AX6600s?

What settings would you recommend to get the best performance? (hard wiring all of the Decos is not an option)

Thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:mutiple deco models on same network
2023-02-22 06:41:31

@madmanjustice 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Having 2*Deco X20 will not drag down the performance of the AX6600s(I believe it is Deco X90?)

If it is not possible to create an Ethernet Backhaul between Decos, Wi-Fi Backhaul would be the first option. So the distance and barriers between Decos could be very important to the Mesh Backhaul quality. In this way, please try to put each Deco unit about 15-25ft in clear sight if possible, and make sure the Mesh wireless signal is at least 2 bars.

How can I find a suitable spot for my Deco?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options