Deco X50 - Problem Remembering Guest SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-22 09:59:31
Tags: #Google Assistant #Firmware Update #Guest WIFI SSID Bug
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Hi everyone, I recently upgraded my deco from m5 to x50. Since the upgrade, I'm having difficulty setting up the Guest SSID. My main WIFI SSID is Family@Racoma and the guest is Guest@Racoma. The problem is if I disable and re-enable the guest wifi, it will not remember the last saved SSID (Guest@Racoma) and instead it will generate Family@Racoma_Guest. Enabling the guest WIFI from Google Assistant/Home will also trigger the bug. I'm running the latest firmware of deco x50.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco X50 - Problem Remembering Guest SSID
2023-02-22 18:45:29

@Williever 

I personally am Running the POE version of the Deco X50 and I was not able to replicate the concern.  Can you provide the following:

• Phone/Tablet make and model
  • Phone/Tablet OS version
  • Deco App version
  • Current Firmware version 
Options
2023-02-23 02:04:19

@Carl 

I'm using Oneplus 5 OS version 10.0.1, Deco App version 3.2.13, firmware version 1.1. 0 build 20221102 rel 66085. 

Here's the screen recording how to reproduce the bug. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q_1L0FaIzkrf897Lp7d6HFQMnZEDNh79/view?usp=drivesdk

Options
2023-02-23 13:59:54

Other minor bugs I've also noticed:

* Not only the Guest SSID the deco will not remember, also the security. It will go back to WPA2 instead, I already save the WPA2/WPA3 Personal. 

* New device notification even that device is already connected to the router before. 

* When I checked the notification about the new device, I cannot see it. It seems the log stuck and never update the list. 

* Some devices appear offline even they are connected and functional. The online list just randomly tagging devices offline every few seconds.

* Speedtest by Ookla inside the deco app is gone.

This bugs I've encountered are not present on the older deco m5 before the upgrade. 

Options
2023-02-23 20:51:46

@Williever 

The speed Test was removed because, as I understand, the results were not reliable.  I have heard design is considering adding it back once we can make sure the results are accurate.  

the rest are being fielded to our engineering team and I will let you know when I have an update.   

Options
2023-02-24 01:40:30

@Carl 

Thank you very much. For me, the Ookla's Speedtest is more reliable than Deco lab's speedtest because I can set the server nearest to my location. Before the upgrade, I got exact speedtest result using Ookla based on my 600Mbps plan. The Deco lab speedtest, I only got 200 to 300Mbps. It's very useful feature especially if you don't have a computer or wired connection to do the speedtest. 

Options
2023-02-24 14:42:18

@Williever 

I reached out to the engineering team and they are going to contact you directly.  Please look for an email from them.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 463

Replies: 6

Tags

Related Articles