Deco XE75 - Wake on LAN (WOL) ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-12 19:34:40
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20220927

had an older TP-Link router for several years and WOL worked fine...just bought a Deco XE75 system and i can't get WOL to work using Teamviewer...googling found a comment from a couple of years ago claiming Deco routers don't support WOL...is this true?

is there a workaround to remotely boot up my PC?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco XE75 - Wake on LAN (WOL) ?
2023-03-13 21:30:39

@phunzie,

I will continue looking around for more information, but I did find the same post that I believe you did from awhile ago.

The post and email from our support team indicates that the feature is reliant on having an IP and MAC binding set for the target PC. Since that post, many updates have been made to the Deco app to add similar features. You may try setting an IP reservation, which looks at the MAC address, to see if this would allow WoL packets to be received.

There are a variety of workarounds provided, such as on our subreddit, where programs such as Teamviewer will be able to wake a computer without the use of WoL packets.

One thing that I would make sure of is that you have enabled the appropriate settings on both your network adapter in windows and in your BIOS settings; it is not uncommon nowadays for these features to be turned off by default, as most users do not need them and they technically would open a vulnerability.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 437

Replies: 1

Related Articles