How to continue to use my TP-Link Google OnHub Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-16 20:54:46 - last edited 2023-03-22 22:00:55
Model: TP-Link Routers  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I would love to continue using my TP-Link Google OnHub Router somehow. Do you have any ideas?

I removed it from my system. I can find no way to set it up again.

• Google's Home app will not do it.
  • Deco doesn't seem to recognize it, either.

Any ideas?? I hate to waste a perfectly good router.

Vickie

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:How to continue to use my TP-Link Google OnHub Router-Solution
2023-03-17 00:11:16 - last edited 2023-03-22 22:00:55

@VickieDavis3840,

Unfortunately, it looks like Google has ended its support of the onHub routers in January of this year. TP-Link only ever served as an OEM provider of hardware to Google, with Google creating the firmware and setup process. This was fully and wholeheartedly a device owned, operated, and supported by Google and its ecosystem. The only place that the device could have been configured is in the Googles Home App, or the old onHub app.

Saying that the Onhub router uses AC networking to establish connections, AC networking as become relatively dated at this point, with development mainly being geared towards AX, AXE, or BE standards. If the speeds of the router are plenty for what you need, I would recommend upgrading to an AX router, as this will improve your connections and security while not breaking the bank.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:How to continue to use my TP-Link Google OnHub Router-Solution
2023-03-17 00:11:16 - last edited 2023-03-22 22:00:55

@VickieDavis3840,

Unfortunately, it looks like Google has ended its support of the onHub routers in January of this year. TP-Link only ever served as an OEM provider of hardware to Google, with Google creating the firmware and setup process. This was fully and wholeheartedly a device owned, operated, and supported by Google and its ecosystem. The only place that the device could have been configured is in the Googles Home App, or the old onHub app.

Saying that the Onhub router uses AC networking to establish connections, AC networking as become relatively dated at this point, with development mainly being geared towards AX, AXE, or BE standards. If the speeds of the router are plenty for what you need, I would recommend upgrading to an AX router, as this will improve your connections and security while not breaking the bank.

Recommended Solution
Options