Added W6000 units to X60 pair and they're usually blinking red

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-20 12:00:36
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1,5,1 Build 20210205 Rel. 50164

2 Deco W6000 added to existing network - I found the part on adding mixed systems a bit hard to follow but it seems the X60 should have been left as the main one. It shows all four units in the Advanced mode and says they are up-to-date, but though they're initially all green (lights), at some point the added ones just start blinking red.

F/W for W6000 - 1.01.15 Build 20221111 Rel. 77798

Options
3 Reply
Re:Added W6000 units to X60 pair and they're usually blinking red
2023-03-21 06:28:07

@kloder 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Did both W6000 turn blinking red and drop the internet connection?

And will they return back to green automatically later?

It is suggested to swap the location of one W6000 with satellite Deco X60 to see whether it is always W6000 that drops the connection a lot.

By the way, can I have a screenshot of the network map on the Deco APP? Are all the Deco units connected wirelessly?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-03-21 12:44:57

@David-TP I've attached a screenshot of what I think you asked for.

The "Main Bedroom" (X60) is the only unit connected to the internet via a cable modem. There's no network cabling in the house.

The Upstairs Gameroom is the other X60 unit, and that pair operated fine but we've been having some company (family) stay for extended time and since they stayed upstairs and worked remotely, often continuously for extended hours and a week stay or longer, I thought adding a couple more units would be better, so added one in the Office and one of the [now] spare, upstairs bedrooms, where they usually would stay.

They usually return to green for some period of time - I can't say why or what actiivty does it, but often just monitoring one in the app shows activity, even though the red light is blinking, and then it's green, but a bit later it's red. Sometimes even the upstairs X60 goes red. I do get notices on my upstairs iMac that internet connectivity is poor or even gone sometimes - it's the computer I use for big uploads/downloads (some a/v work/hobby).

When I got up and started to respond to this, the Main Bedroom and Office (W6000) were green - had not gone upstairs, but the chart suggetsted eveything was fine. While sitting here the one in the Office turned red. I went upstairs and both the Gameroom and Bedroom (W6000) are also blinking red. The Main Bedroom is still green.

So do I simply swap one of the W6000 and Main Bedroom X60, i.e., so a W6000 is the one connected to the internet?  

File:
IMG_0438.PNGDownload
Options
2023-03-25 13:06:41
Any more thoughts on this? Reading though other posts with similar problems, it seems that mixing types of units or adding dissimilar ones after the initial setup is not generally advisable.
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 127

Replies: 3