Tether keeps saying password is incorrect - locks me out of my router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-08 17:21:01 - last edited 2023-04-10 22:29:21
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I usually access my router via my tether app to check connections, speed, etc. For the past 2-3 weeks. The tetther app ask for the password to access my router. when I enter the password it says incorrect. After about 10 tries it locks me out of the router. If I unplug the router for a moment and plug it back in this seems to clear the issue temporarily and the tether app does not ask for the password. Not sure what is going. Problem seems to have started after the last firmware update for the router

Options
2 Reply
Re:Tether keeps saying password is incorrect - locks me out of my router
2023-04-10 22:31:48

@Paco_NYC,

Are you able to access the router's WebUI through a wired connection? You may look to check to see if any errors are being thrown, or if remote control was disabled for some reason. 

It almost sounds as if your router is not properly contacting the TP-Link cloud servers. I would recommend starting with changing the DNS server for your network to a common service to see if there is a routing issue outside of your network causing problems. Similar cases have prevented users from being able to complete a firmware update, despite the rest of their network and connections working great.

Options
Re:Tether keeps saying password is incorrect - locks me out of my router
2023-04-11 05:43:30
Hi @Riley_S Thanks much for the reply and advice. I trashed the Tether App and reloaded it. Took the router back to its factory settings and set it up again. So far things seem to be working well. Again, many thanks!
Options