Cannot "see" my Netgear switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-10 23:03:54
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20230113 Rel. 54525

I replaced my AirPort router with a Deco AX3000 WiFi 6 Mesh System (Deco X55). All my connected devices (wired and wireless) are working.

The problem I have is that I do know know what IP address was given to my Netgear GS305E switch by the Deco. As a result, I cannot access the switch's built-in web GUI to administer it.

I have tried both of Netgear's discovery apps (Insight on iOS and Switch Discovery Tool on macOS), and both tell me there are no Netgear devices on the network. I also pinged every IP in the 196.168.68.* range but only found the same devices that the tplinkdeco.net UI displays.

How can I find out which IP the switch has without trying to navigate to each one?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot "see" my Netgear switch
2023-04-11 07:37:46

@jecwobble 

Hi, do you have any Windows devices?

If yes, you might try to use the arp command(https://support.pelco.com/s/article/How-to-use-an-arp-table-to-fin-IP-addresses?language=en_US) to find the IP address according to the MAC address of the Netgear switch.

If not, you could try to use "Scan for Devices" under Deco lab>Wi-Fi Assistant to see whether it could find any IP address that matches with the MAC address.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options