Ethernet-connected devices continually disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-11 19:53:49
Tags: #ethernet
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.20

Although my WIFI-connected devices are stable, my Ethernet-connected devices disconnect & reconnect almost immediately, a few times every day.

Example is my PC, which I have connected to a X55 node via Ethernet. The adapter has USB sleep disabled and have played around with the Advanced settings. I also see this behavior with a couple IoT devices connected directly to the main X55 via Ethernet.

Anything to explain this behavior?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Ethernet-connected devices continually disconnecting
2023-04-12 08:20:35

@cableghost 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Would there be a network switch between the main Deco X55 and the Ethernet-connected devices?--if yes, can I have the model number of the switch?

And are the satellite Deco X55 Mesh nodes connected to the main Deco X55 via the network switch as well, or they are connected wirelessly?

Have you ever replaced the Ethernet cables between Deco and the wired clients?

By the way, how long have you had this issue?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Ethernet-connected devices continually disconnecting
2023-04-13 01:06:29 - last edited 2023-04-13 15:20:50

@David-TP 

Switch: Netgear ProSafe GS108Ev3

Yes, switch connected to main Deco node. Connected to the switch... SmartThings hub, Mini Windows PC, and Z-Wave bridge (Thermostat). It's the bridge that has been disconnecting/reconnecting frequently. The mini PC disconnects seldom, and the ST hub occasionally. Note, that since this OP, I have removed the bridge and went with a wifi-connected Ecobee Thermostat.

For my main PC, it is Ethernet connected to a satellite node, and the node is connected to the main node via WIFI. This too disconnects/reconnects 3-4x/day.

All new Ethernet cables.

Options