Deco M5 blocks certain IP / websites

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-12 20:06:31 - last edited 2023-04-13 01:33:19
Tags: #unreachable website
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi there,

I found some threads (but they are old) and I have a problem that my M5 stopped serving me some websites. 

When I go to the internet directly through the modem (experiabox 12 (KPN Holland)) or through 5G there are no issues so I'm sure it's the Deco. 

Due to the fact that I read about it in more threads I was wondering if there is a solution for this annoying issue.

Regards, Floor

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco M5 blocks certain IP / websites
2023-04-13 03:20:49

@Florke 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Can I have a list of the websites that you could not access? (If the forum does not allow posting these links, please leave me a direct message. thank you in advance.)

I see KPN Box 12 is a modem router combo, did you change it to bridge modem mode and only disable its WiFi?

If it is the second one, please try to change Deco into Access Point:

But if  KPN Box 12 is in bridge mode and Deco is the only DHCP router, here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. Please change WAN DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.

2. Please refer to the following link to add these websites to the whitelist of Firewall:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2302/

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Options
2023-04-13 06:48:16

@David-TP Thnx for your quick reply.

I tried all the fixes allready:

- Whitelisting it through the app

- Google DNS

- KPN box in bridge mode, wifi off

It worked great for more than a year!

The only thing that worked was changing mode from router to access point, but I thought that this option resulted in speed loss. Is that correct?

P.S. It looks like one certain ip-adress is blocked by the deco, does it log websites? 

Regards, 

Floor

Options
2023-04-20 18:19:06

@David-TP 

Are you able to respond to my last reaction please?

Options
2023-04-23 08:01:25

@Florke 

Hi, sorry for the delay.

Changing to Access Point mode would not cause speed loss.

For the second question,  It looks like one certain ip-address is blocked by the deco, does it log websites? 

I did not receive any messages about the blocked IP address or websites from you so I could not test them on our side. And if they have been added to the whitelist before, I don't think they are still blocked by Deco M5.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-05-26 12:45:59

@David-TP 

Thank you for your reply again, it still seems that the DECO is blocking all my traffic to the server, the adress is 185.104.29.20 ...

Do you have any more solving options by accident?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 265

Replies: 5

Tags

unreachable website
Related Articles