DECO Archer and VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DECO Archer and VPN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DECO Archer and VPN
DECO Archer and VPN
2023-04-14 18:31:51
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I recently dumped my ASUS router for the deco mesh x55. One of the things I need to do is add VPN to my router. I know the recent firmware for the deco mesh x55 is supposed to allow for VPN - it does not work. It ends up blocking all traffic. 

I'm wondering if I can add an archer router in front of my deco mesh to use VPN. The set up would look like: 

internet > archer router > deco mesh 

the archer router would have wifi TURNED OFF and I would just use it to turn on VPN. This would allow my entire network to have access to VPN.

Is there anything I"m missing?

Options
1 Reply
Re:DECO Archer and VPN
2023-04-18 09:28:05

@vondie 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

After checking the previous discussion here:https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/601782?replyId=1196718,

I think we don't need to hurry up for another Archer router. The VPN server/client features on Deco are quite similar to Archer routers. It is hard to say a new Archer could fix the current issue.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance. Please check whether you have got an email from me.

Thank you again.

best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 206

Replies: 1

Related Articles