PIA VPN on Deco X55

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

PIA VPN on Deco X55

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
PIA VPN on Deco X55
PIA VPN on Deco X55
2023-04-25 19:51:48
Tags: #VPN
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20230301 Rel. 53300

Hello

Could someone help in getting VPN setup on this please.  I have the Deco x55.  What I've done/tried is, in More>Advaced>VPN Client, pressed the + , selected OpenVPN, gave it a Description, input my Username, Password, and selected the OpenVPN file I downloaded.  I press Save, everything seems to load, and it returns me back to the VPN Client screen. Under VPN Server, it shows OpenVPN for Type, has a Server IP and Server DNS IP....but just says 'Connecting'.  It never connects. 

I have PIA (Private Internet Acess) VPN. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:PIA VPN on Deco X55
2023-04-26 03:17:32

@kevwlew 

Hi, welcome to the community.

If you are using the same PIA OpenVPN config file on the computer or mobile phones, are you able to connect to PIA VPN?

At the same time, I would like to follow up on your case via email. If possible, could you please send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the following details:

1. A copy of the PIA OpenVPN config file.

2. A screenshot of the VPN client connecting status on the Deco APP.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-26 14:11:48

@David-TP Thanks for the reply.  My question first is....Are you able to test the device I have (Deco x55) with the VPN service I have (PIA VPN)?  

Also, my VPN service works on other things.  Before I purchased this equipment, I used an Asus Router, which I had my PIA VPN on it.  

Kind regards, 

Options
2023-04-27 08:21:56

@kevwlew 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

I am sorry that I could not test the PIA VPN on my side due to the network permission restriction and there is also no available PIA VPN subscription.

And I noticed you have submitted a support ticket with us, the case has been forwarded to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Please check the email for more suggestions.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 763

Replies: 3

Tags

VPN
Related Articles