Deco XE75 Blocking Apps?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco XE75 Blocking Apps?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco XE75 Blocking Apps?
Deco XE75 Blocking Apps?
2023-04-24 19:20:40
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.11 build 20230302

I've been noticing, when connected to the WiFi network, my iPhone app for UPS will not open. However, if I disconnect from the WiFi network, and just cellular, it will open normally.

thoughts? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco XE75 Blocking Apps?
2023-04-25 03:08:49

@MikeCT01 

Hi, have you ever configured any parental control profiles for the iPhone?

It is suggested to refer to this link to change the DNS server under IPV4 to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 to see whether it helped:

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco

By the way, may I know who is your internet service provider?

Wait for your reply.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-04-25 03:31:57

@David-TP  I have Soectrum internet, no Parental Controls configured. I switched the DNS servers and there was no difference. The UPS app won't open past the start up page when connected to WiFi, but if so disable WiFi and go to cellular; the app opens right up as normal 

Options
2023-04-27 08:31:19

@MikeCT01 

Hi, if not the UPS App, are you able to access the official websites of UPS:https://www.ups.com/us/en/Home.page

Please also test on other devices to see whether they could access UPS websites.

And have you subscribed HomeShield Pro on Deco XE75?

Do you have any wired laptops which could be used to connect to Spectrum modem directly to see whether there is any limitation on the Internet service provider?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 151

Replies: 3

Related Articles