Packets dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Packets dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Packets dropping
Packets dropping
2023-05-02 20:33:48
Tags: #Firmware Update #Packet loss
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20221208 rel.45145(5533)

I have been having lots of troubles with packets just being randomly dropped wired or wireless on this router since I've updated the firmware.  I considered trying to go back to the previous firmware but I don't know if that would fix it or brick it.

I am at the point I'm going to throw this router in the trash and buy a competitor equipment I didn't have any of these issues prior the the firmware update. 

Let me explain my setup a little bit 

192.168.1.1(ISP #1)

192.168.2.1(ISP #2)

192.168.0.1(TP-LINK ER605)

193.168.3.1(TP-LINK Archer Ax6000)

So both isp feed into the er605 in failover which seems to be fine btw I have ran direct wired connect to it and all packets are fine but all connects wired or wireless are dropping from the ax6000

I have also tested without the er605 in the middle and both ISP are handling traffic just fine

Options
3 Reply
Re:Packets dropping
2023-05-04 12:18:11

@L33TT3CH 

In order to get clarity and assist you accordingly, please allow me to ask for more details.

Are the ER605 and the AX6000 both working in Router mode? Double NAT may cause issues in some networks. Try switching the AX6000 to Access Point mode if you don't mind.

When saying packets dropped randomly, can I know how did you test or monitor that? Can I know the result? How about that before the AX6000 firmware update? Try resetting the AX6000 to factory defaults to exclude all possible settings that may cause this issue.

Options
2023-05-05 01:13:09

@Kevin_Z Hey thanks for the reply ive tried it in both AP mode and wireless mode same result. i started noticing it during gaming the most but i did run packetlosstest website and it also tested packets arriving late and lost it was averaging about 1% each

im only using the presets on this test nothing more running various ones. most of the time it comes back about 1% every time there have been a couple times its been greater or smaller then 1% but i would say on average is 1%.  Its currently set to AP mode but the only thing i have on it Right now is my Home Cameras and a NAS  everything else i have wired to either the ATT Spectrum or the ER605 right now because of the issue.

also yes i had to do a factory reset for another reason all together but i can do it agian and get back with you.

Options
2023-05-05 06:35:42

@L33TT3CH 

Please reply to let me know how will the reset help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 425

Replies: 3

Tags

Firmware Update
Packet loss
Related Articles