XE75 Pro Solid Red Light - No Internet Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-17 21:34:10 - last edited 2023-05-18 02:43:25
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: V1.6_1.0.3

My Deco XE75 Pro has been working flawlessly for several months. Today it dropped its intenet connection and began displaying a solid red light.

Troubleshooting steps taken:

- Verified internet modem (Xfinity xFi modem in bridge mode) is working correctly by connecting a computer directly to it via ethernet.
- Checked ethernet connections
- Rebooted both modem and Deco XE75 several times waiting several minutes before turning on power
- Updated Deco XE75 firmware
- Connected old router (Nest WiFi) to modem, it worked as expected and connected to the internet.

- Cloned MAC address from both old router and rebooted Deco XE75.

- Factory reset Deco XE75

Non of the above steps have helped. My Deco XE75 Pro still displays a solid red light and does not have an internet connection.

Update: It appears I missed a critical step during the factory reset. I didn't power down the modem before connecting it to the Deco. I learned this by resetting one of my other Decos and going through the reset and create new network steps again. If you miss the step of powering down the modem before connecting the Deco, it seems there is no recovering and establishing a connection after setup. After learning this, I reset my original main Deco again and now it works.

Options
2 Reply
Re:XE75 Pro Solid Red Light - No Internet Connection
2023-05-18 01:51:29

@hugghaha 

Hi, here are some suggestions for your reference:

1. connect to the wifi of Deco XE75 pro.

2. Open the Deco APP and go to More>Internet Connection>IPV4 and check whether it is the IPV4 address here.

3. After switching the port. if still, nothing happened, please power off both modem and Deco for about 10mins, then power back the Deco first and the modem later.

While if all the suggestions failed, please try to call the support center for more suggestions:

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/contact-technical-support/

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:XE75 Pro Solid Red Light - No Internet Connection
2023-05-18 02:45:40

@David-TP when I was experiencing issues, there was no IPV4 address under More>Internet Connection>IPV4.

See my update above, I have managed to figure out how to get things up and running again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1263

Replies: 2

Related Articles