Archer AX55 V1 Firmware 1.2.2 Build 20230511 dropping internet daily

Archer AX55 V1 Firmware 1.2.2 Build 20230511 dropping internet daily

114 Reply
Re:Archer AX55 V1 Firmware 1.2.2 Build 20230511 dropping internet daily
2023-05-23 01:42:57

@Southwest412 

Thank you for following up on this topic.

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-05-23 01:51:15

@RickJamesBish 

Thank you so much for sharing all the detailed info.

I would agree that AX55 is a powerful router that can drastically improve network speeds but it's still designed for home networks. While as per your network topology, it seems the AX55 is working as the gateway router at a business level. How many users may connect to the network and use the internet simultaneously most of the time, especially when the Wi-Fi stops working on the AX55?

Do you remember the firmware version of the AX55 before you upgraded to the latest 1.2.2 version? Was that working properly in the same network topology?

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-05-23 02:01:16

@krystal1 

Thank you very much for the follow-up. 

Can you please confirm what is the firmware version you're using on the AX55 before this 1.2.2 official version? Was that version working stably?

To assist and figure it out efficiently, I'll forward your case to the TP-Link support engineers as well who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options
2023-05-23 03:09:02 - last edited 2023-05-23 04:01:41

@RickJamesBish 

I already have a support ticket number, Re: [TP-Link Support]-[TKID230428149], for a separate HomeShield issue from April 18 caused by the previous firmware which was 1.1.8 Build 20230304 rel. 60634.  That March firmware update caused a HomeShield parental controls data display problem that was not present when running previous firmware 1.0.6 Build 20220223 rel.61023.  I already sent requested files to tech support. Those firmware versions seemed stable.

This new firmware 1.2.2 Build 20230511 makes the Parental Controls data display issue better though I am still evaluating that for accuracy.  But this new May firmware has dropped internet two times since May 18, so I joined in the thread reporting that.  We are a household of 3 adults and 2-3 homeschooled children.  The internet was dropped May 18 and May 22 when no children were online, and 3 laptops and an ipad were online but not in use, and 1-3 phones.  I have an EasyMesh system with a RE500X range extender.

Options
2023-05-23 08:56:57 - last edited 2023-05-23 09:01:55

@Kevin_Z 

I don't recall the version number but it was the latest release version prior to the current.

The Wi-Fi on the router only has 3 devices connected to it. 

The entire park network consists of about 40 clients connected through the EAPs and the Switch and that number is fairly constant.

The AX55 worked without issue for over a year. The problem started with the new firmware and this appears to affect Wi-Fi and ability to access the router interface. Wired connections seem to work fine but not sure if they would have degraded if I had not rebooted each time the problem occurred. 

Options
2023-05-23 11:45:34

@RickJamesBish 

Thank you again for replying.

Would you like to try downgrading the router firmware to the previous 1.1.8 version to observe if the issue persists? If yes, we will contact you via email and guide you to downgrade the firmware.

BTW, can I know who is your ISP, and what is the WAN Connection type you are using on the AX55? Do you enable IPTV settings on the AX55?

Except for the 3 devices that connect to the AX55 wireless network, are there any other desktop computers connected to the AX55? Since the wireless connection is dropped, so I guess it's normal that you cannot access its web management page on the wireless devices.

Options
2023-05-23 11:54:35

@krystal1 

Thank you for replying.

Regarding the wireless dropping issue, can you please also tell me who is your ISP, and what kind of WAN connection type you're using on the AX55?

Do you enable IPTV on the AX55?

You mentioned that you are building EasyMesh network by connecting an RE500X to the AX55, can you please also confirm if it's the wireless drops on the AX55 or on the RE500X? Will all wireless client devices drop from the network or some of them drop randomly? Are you able to login to the web management page of the AX55 when the wireless connection drops?

Options
2023-05-24 02:33:07

@Kevin_Z I would like to downgrade as I know the previous version, whatever it was, had no issue.  That said, I also don't want to be vulnerable to the recent reported hack that was coming out of China.  Are these vulnerable to that hack with the older firmware?

How can we downgrade to the previous release?

Options
2023-05-24 03:30:43

@AdamPfromMN 

Thank you very much for getting back.

I talked with the support engineers about your case, and he confirmed that there will be a downgrade firmware available soon in one day or two. Please keep in touch with him via email and he will inform you once the downgrade firmware is ready.

Regarding the reported hack concern, it mentions TL-WR940N carrying non-TP-Link official firmware with malicious customizations and embedded scripts. We can assure you that routers with TP-Link official firmware are not affected.

Please let me know if there is anything that I can help.

Options
2023-05-24 03:47:55

@Kevin_Z 

Kevin_Z wrote

@krystal1 

Thank you for replying.

Regarding the wireless dropping issue, can you please also tell me who is your ISP, and what kind of WAN connection type you're using on the AX55?

Do you enable IPTV on the AX55?

You mentioned that you are building EasyMesh network by connecting an RE500X to the AX55, can you please also confirm if it's the wireless drops on the AX55 or on the RE500X? Will all wireless client devices drop from the network or some of them drop randomly? Are you able to login to the web management page of the AX55 when the wireless connection drops?

ISP is Xfinity.  Dynamic IP WAN. IPTV not enabled. When my laptop and phone lost internet May 18 I checked Tether and the router did not appear in My Devices, but the range extender did.  My laptop and phone had been router not extender clients when they lost internet.  I tried and was not able to access the web router interface.  I believe the router LED for internet went dark and I mistakenly reported it turned red earlier in this thread.  My laptop and phone lost internet at the same time.  I unplugged and replugged the router to restore internet.

May 22 when my laptop and phone lost internet, Tether reported in My Devices the AX55 as disconnected from the cloud and the range extender appeared as a local device as usual.  I could not access the web router interface.  The router internet LED stayed green, but I unplugged and replugged router to restore internet.  I have a new service ticket now and will communicate with the TP-Link engineer by email.

Options