No IGMP option

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No IGMP option

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No IGMP option
No IGMP option
2023-05-26 19:06:46
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6.1 Build 20230403 Rel. 70058

Hi

I experience various issues with my Homekit setup, so I googled and finally read posts about activating IGMP option.

Unfortunately, this option is missing on my web UI :

c29a24dd981f447caf1e0095eb62b383

I use router mode.

Why is it missing?

Options
2 Reply
Re:No IGMP option
2023-05-29 06:53:58

@GilD 

Hi, welcome to the community.

The last time I saw this feedback, the user mentioned it only happened to 1.6.1(https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/574954?replyId=1210864)

and he was able to get this option on 1.5.6 and the former versions. Were you able to see this option on old firmware?

By the way, what issues do you have with the Homekit setup? Could you please share more details with us?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:No IGMP option
2023-05-29 12:09:44

@David-TP 

Hi, thanks for the answer, and thanks for the post I hadn't found. It says the option activates only v3 IGMP snooping, so I suppose v1/v2 are already activated, which implies my problems won't be solved by activating IGMP snooping.

I can't remember if the option was available in former firmware. I upgraded to new firmware as it allows to program a nightly reboot, that I supposed would solve, partially at least, my problems (but it didn't).

I noticed the issues occur when an event triggers an automation involving devices attached to Aqara hub and devices that are not. For instance, I press a button (Aqara device) that will light on a Nanoleaf bulb (Homekit, via Thread) : 1 time out of 10, the bulb won't light on, that's pretty annoying.

In this thread someone says activating IGMP snooping would make "connection rock solid" (as for now, mine is sand-like).

So far I'm very disappointed with home automation : who accepts that a switch will light the bulbs... most of the time ?

I replaced the native TV box Wi-Fi with a set of 3 Deco M9 plus, which clearly improved things (response times, whole house coverage, etc.), but automations still don't work as they should.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 130

Replies: 2