Deco connection M4R

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco connection M4R

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco connection M4R
Deco connection M4R
2023-05-30 14:02:07
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

I have 4 deco m4r's, two being v2.0 and the other two being v4.0. I bought the v4.0 decos recently to extend the coverage as previously I had been relying on an extended which has become unreliable. 

i have the main deco at the front of my house and then decos in the office at the back of the house, above that in a bedroom and then in a shed in my garden. 

i noticed when setting up my new decos that all were connected to the main deck even though there are other decos between. This means that the signal to my upstairs deco is very weak. 

the v4s have the option to change your connection preference but it will not allow me to make the preferences manual so it is stuck on the main network. 

any help would be much appr

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco connection M4R
2023-05-31 08:28:46

@IainCee 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Can I have some pictures of the network map as well as their signal strength on the Deco APP, such as:

(If possible, please help mark out the hardware version V2/V4 next to each Deco.)

2755f073e450420c9415d86d95573625

And as for the upstairs Deco, I think you might refer to the bedroom Deco, right?

Since currently Deco M4 v4 supports selecting the signal source, you could consider placing Deco M4 v4: one in the office and one in the upstairs bedroom, then check whether you could set the signal source of bedroom Deco to Office Deco.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 232

Replies: 1

Related Articles