Deco XE75's lose internet connection after reboot

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-02 12:21:16
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, I am about my wits end with my 3 pack of Deco's.  I purchased them from Amazon last October and they worked amazing until Feb when the problems began.  I lost internet connection and after numerous reboots of the Deco's and my modem still nothing.  I did a direct connection from the modem to my laptop and internet worked fine.  I hooked my old router back up and also worked fine so the problem was definitely with the Deco's. I finally contacted customer support through the chat system.  After about an hour and a half of trying to get it back online they had me Clone my MAC address and that got me back online.  I have never had to do that with any router I have owned so it didn't make sense but whatever it worked.  A week or so later one of my Tivo's was having a connection problem so I rebooted the Deco's and I lost connection once again.  rebooted the modem and the Deco and nothing.  I got back on chat and they had me delete the network and start from scratch.  Once again I had to Clone the MAC address.  I asked at the time what will happen if I have to reboot the Deco's and they told me not to do that.  Don't reboot a router?  Prior to Feb i had rebooted thses once a week with no issues at all.  I have never been told that.  Any router I have owned I have always periodically rebooted it without any issues.  So anyway a week later the power went out and when it came back on once again no internet.  After playing around for an hour I got it back to working.  Then a few weeks later one of the Ethernet ports on one of the secondary Deco;s stopped working.  I had had enough.  Got back on chat and they agreed to send me replacements (although they were refurbished).  They arrived yesterday, I went through the setup process and got my internet going right away.  No issues at all.  Did not have to clone my MAC address.  Then there was a firmware update which I installed and after the Deco's rebooted I lost my internet AGAIN!!!!  Rebooted the modem and the Deco's and nothing.  I deleted the network AGAIN, reset the Deco's and started from scratch and got everything back up and running.  But I know if I have to reboot the Deco's this is going to happen again.  What is gig on can someone offer some help?  I have never ever had this many problems with any router I have owned.  Rebooting a router was always a simple process.  Kind of a preventative maintenance if you will.  This just makes no sense to me.  I have Spectrum Internet as an FYI.  I want to thank everyone for any help they could give me with this.

Options
11 Reply
Re:Deco XE75's lose internet connection after reboot
2023-06-05 09:38:06

@BillsDunk 

Hi, Nice to see you again.

May I know the model number of your Spectrum cable modem?

There is a debug firmware for Deco XE75 v1 and I also send the firmware via email later.

Later if the same issue started again after rebooting XE75, could you please help me check the following details:

1. Would the main XE75 stay solid red after restart?

2. Can I have a picture of the IPV4 settings under Deco APP>More> Internet connection?

(If Deco APP said "We couldn't find Deco", please make sure the smartphone was still connected to Deco Wi-Fi.)

3. Please log into the web UI and help me save the debug log.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-06-05 16:00:18 - last edited 2023-06-05 16:03:22

@David-TP the model of my Spectrum modem is EU2251. And yes after the Deco's are rebooted they are solid red and I have no internet. 

Options
2023-06-06 07:02:08

@BillsDunk Thanks for the information.

Is the IPV4 settings captured when Deco XE75 is working well?

Have you checked whether the IPV4 settings remained the same when Deco turned solid red?

It is also suggested to refer to this link to change the WAN DNS server to 8.8.8.8/1.1.1.1:

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco

By the way, have you got my email with the debug firmware?

If possible, it is also suggested to install the debug firmware first and check whether the disconnection would repeat again.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-06-06 11:41:42

@David-TP Thank you again for all your help David.  Yes that screen shot is from when my internet is working.  I have not had a chance to install the debug firmware you sent me.  I will probably do that on Thursday and I will definitelt let you know how it goes after i do.

Options
2023-06-08 20:13:09 - last edited 2023-06-09 12:11:55

03b78c2dc9a24286a5114d116c61bdd9  @David-TP so after I installed the bug ware the Deco's restarted and once again they are all red and I have lost internet. Attached is the screenshot of my ipv4 screen. I tried to change the DNS server like you suggested but it says that's an invalid address. I am just so frustrated with this....*even though the screen shot says 8.8.8.8/1.1.1.2 it didn't work form 8.8.8.8/1.1.1.1 (the same error came up)*

Options
2023-06-08 21:36:56 - last edited 2023-06-08 23:35:56

@BillsDunk whatever that bugware did now I can't even reconnect. I have wiped out the network, reset the Deco and it connects to green for a second then goes right to red. This is just not right. After an hour of constantly deleting and rebooting the Deco and modem I was able to get back online. But I had to do the Mac clone AGAIN (which I shouldn't have to do). At first even that didn't work but I then powered down the modem and Deco and restarted both and when the modem came online the Deco connected (light turned green)

Options
2023-06-09 11:19:30

@BillsDunk so I wake up this morning and my Decos are all red and I have no internet. I'm about ready to give up on these and ask for my money back

Options
2023-06-09 18:43:49

There is something very wrong and broken in the XE75 Router software.  After battling similar issues for over a month, I gave up and placed a Firewalla Purple between my modem and my Deco XE75 mesh.  I placed the Deco into AP mode and all of the freaky stuff went away! 

TP-Link --- fix your damned router software! 

BillsDunk 

Options
2023-06-09 20:07:48 - last edited 2023-06-09 20:15:42

@DAServices hey thank you for the reply but that is way too much money to spend for me. Plus I don't think I should have to buy one of those after spending $400 for routers. This is just ridiculous and I wish somebody would come up with a fix or give me a refund

Options
2023-06-12 01:04:21

@BillsDunk 

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the message. I noticed you have updated Deco XE75 V1 to 1.2.2 recently. Is there any improvement with this firmware version?

If still the same, we would love to forward your case to the senior engineer for further assistance.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options