AX3000 wired connections through switch go up and down

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-03 12:54:56
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20200426 rel.69563

I have a small 8-port dumb switch connected to one of the wired ports on the router. There are several devices connected to the switch. I have never had any issues with this set up until I purchased this router. The wired devices connected to the switch randomly lose connection. I have replaced all cables with new ones and the switch with no changes in behavior. When a PC loses connection, I can't ping the gateway of the router. Sometimes unplugging the cable and plugging it back in will reestablish connection but not always. I have tried ipconfig /release and /renew with random success. Then the connection will just come back for awhile then drop again. Another odd behavior is that If one PC starts a download, the other connected PC loses connectivity and it restores when the download is complete. If I connect each PC to it's own router port via a cable running across the floor, the connections are stable. Why can't I connect multiple devices to the router through a switch. This should not be a problem. All network settings on the router are the default setting except the DNS servers which I changed.

Options