VPN Issues (GlobalProtect VPN)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-14 08:19:45
Tags: #GlobalProtectVPN
Model: Deco X50-4G  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20221201 Rel. 70625

Dear,

as subject, I'm having issues on GlobalProtect VPN, while using Deco Wifi.

I tried with both wired and wireless connectivity, enabling and disabling Mesh technology, with no changes.

I found similar problem in the following threads, again without published solution.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/589848

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/550488

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/577324

The behaviour of my system is very similar to the one described in the mentioned discussions.

Could you please provide further support?

Best Regards,

Options
3 Reply
Re:VPN Issues (GlobalProtect VPN)
2023-06-15 10:00:00

@maxf 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Could you please send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the following information:

1. May I know who is your SIM card provider?

2. I have sent a debug firmware via private message and could you please try to connect the laptop to the VPN server again; then after 10mins, please export the system log from web UI and send it to the support email.

3. After that, Are you able to help me run a simple test:

• put the sim card into the mobile phone and enable hotspot.
  • connect the laptop to the hotspot and check whether the PC could connect to the VPN server.

Wait for your reply.

Thanks again for your cooperation and support.

Options
2023-06-18 10:32:57

@maxf 

Hello!

I replied to the support email with logs and details related to my specific case, I'll report here the message, for community reference.

Carrier is Vodafone IT

I installed the firmware and collected the logs, then sent to the support email.

Using mobile phone or even another router the connection is working smoothly, both internet traffic and VPN related traffic (corporate resources)

I suspect there could be an issue with DNS: with TPLink Deco (and VPN active) I was able to ping google DNS (8.8.8.8), however I was not able to reach google.com, or resolve DNS queries. Are there any limitation on the Deco router itself?

Not sure regarding GlobalProtect VPN behavior, but I suspect it is running in split mode.

Cheers,

//maxf

Options
2023-09-27 12:18:51

Hi,

Was there any resolution or ideas that came out of this discussion?

Using a Deco X50, and also having to use GlobalProtect VPN and running into issues. Keeps disconnecting from the server and having to reconnect, looking in the logs I see issues of Keep-Alive timeouts and Packet Receiving failures reported causing the tunnel to go down.

I also experience issues of the IPSec connection downgrading to SSL when it reconnects, after a few minutes I can refresh the connection and I get IPSec back again, until the next time it goes down.

Running Deco X50, with firmware 1.2.7 Build 20230620 Rel 31797. Was using Cloudflare DNS, now switched back to my ISP DNS, also enabled QoS for my Laptop which I've tested using Wi-Fi and Ethernet, nothing I've tried has worked, and still experienceing periodic disconnections.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 665

Replies: 3

Tags

GlobalProtectVPN
Related Articles