Guess Network not working well

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-01 12:45:25

Recently purchased the XE75 Pro and it has really improved WI-FI connectivity 100%.  Now I started using the Guest Network because I also run an Airbnb and want my guests to connect to that network.  At first it runs fine but I started to notice that it still needs a little work.  These are the things I've noticed:  

Network Name:  I assigned a different name to the guest network (i.e Ocean) but started noticing that the system started to forget that name and arbitrarily assign the main network name followed by and underscore and the word guess (i.e. Main_Guest).  What's interesting is that whatever connection existed under Ocean is transferred to Main_Guest without interruptions to the users. So the renaming or guest network is definitively not working well.

Ghosts Connections:  Yesterday I had some guests in the Airbnb from Germany using the recently renamed guest network.  Everything ran fine for the first 2 days.  There were 2 connections labeled "Texas Instruments"; however, the third day I noticed one of the Texas Instruments was now connected to the Main Network and there were 2 connections in the guest network but this time showing the actual name of the devices instead of Texas Instruments.  In this case the guest network was not changed arbitrarily.  So, the German guests left.  I cleared their inactive connections in the guest network.  Turned off the guest network but that Texas Instruments connection was still present in the main network.  What's is interesting is that that connection was disconnecting and reconnecting every 5 minutes.  The only way to stop this was to reboot the whole system.  

Options
1 Reply
Re:Guess Network not working well
2023-07-05 09:43:19

@Steve_Boston, Hi, welcome to the community.

Did the renaming issue often occur after disabling/enabling the Guest Network?

Last time, I saw a similar issue and it seemed the guest network Wi-Fi settings would be reset after disabling it. When enabling it again, it would automatically use the default name which is the main SSID_guest. So I wonder whether you were experiencing the same.

As for the ghosting Texas devices, after rebooting the whole system, did it show up again on the main network or the guest network?

Could you please refer to this link to help me submit the Deco APP log:

How to submit Deco APP log

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 177

Replies: 1

Related Articles