Deco browsing delays

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco browsing delays

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco browsing delays
Deco browsing delays
2023-07-06 10:41:30
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 build 20230601 rel. 58453

I am often seeing delays while loading pages when connected to my DECO mesh AXE5400. A requested page may not load. When a page isn’t loading I can switch to cellular and load the page ok. During this time, the DECO status page all looks ok. Most recently seen this from the Amazon app and loading Amazon.com web pages specifically while all other pages load correctly. 

File:
IMG_3705.pngDownload
Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco browsing delays
2023-07-07 06:54:40 - last edited 2023-07-07 06:55:23

@RLPIV 

Hi, Have you tried to change the WAN DNS server to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 on Deco?

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco

And did the issue start recently?

Could you please help me run a simple test:

• please try to ping amazon.com or the amazon website that did not load under CMD.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco browsing delays
2023-07-11 13:42:10

@David-TP 

Thank you for the reply. I did change the DECO Internet DNS servers to google DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 from the default AT&T Fiber service router local IP address. The router was automaitcally using an AT&T designated DNS server and forwarding requests to this. 

It appears my issue has been resolved with this change and  I will continue using Google's DNS servers. I am not sure why, but the defaut router as the DNS never posed an issue in the past until I switched to the DECO but all it working well now. 

Thank you,

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 173

Replies: 2

Related Articles