Find record of denial of attacks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-08 18:19:36 - last edited 2023-07-08 19:23:28
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

I finally figured out how to access the log file. But, does this router even log denial of attacks in the log? If so, what is the verbiage used to describe them?

Second question: I have a big skip of several weeks in the log. I just did a firmware update. Will this wipe out the records in the log? If not, what could cause my records to skip from May 11 to July 8???

Options
3 Reply
Re:Find record of denial of attacks
2023-07-10 07:30:27 - last edited 2023-07-10 07:58:13

@ErnieS 

Hi, I did not hear of any logs about denial of attacks on Deco before and I would like to check with the engineers later first.

As for the missing logs, I see you are on firmware Deco X55(EU)_V1_1.2.5 Build 20230511.

The system logs would be fresh after restarting the Deco. So the only explanation I could think of is that after you have updated to 1.2.5 firmware, the system startup time has changed to May 11. And in the past weeks, you might restart Deco once.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-07-10 14:07:35

@David-TP Thanks, David. I would be curious to hear what the engineers say about recording denial of service attacks in the log. As for the gap in the log, I think you are saying that when one restarts the Deco, the log starts fresh and removes the previous records. That may explain the gap. Thanks for the response.

Options
2023-07-12 10:03:13

@ErnieS 

Hi, Thank you for your time.

It turned out the system log did not record DOS attacks but if you subscribed HomeShield Pro, there would be a warning on the Security page.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 263

Replies: 3

Related Articles