Wired devices not showing behind switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-30 01:43:14
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 Build 20220513 Rel. 53966

I just purchased and installed three TP-Link Deco S4s. Here is my current network setup:

The following is connected via Ethernet:

Modem -> Main Deco S4 (Office) -> Cisco E4200 Router (previously configured as an Access Point to use as switch) -> Deco Slave (Workroom) -> Netgear DS106 Switch -> Deco Slave (Living Room)

The following are also Ethernet connections:

The E4200 is connected to my desktop.

The DS106 is connected to two server computers.

In my Deco app, I can see that both Deco Slave units are connected via Ethernet. I can also see all wireless devices I expect to be connected to my network. The app shows none of the following devices: the desktop, the E4200, the DS106, or either server. I cannot determine the IP address of either the E4200 or the DS106.

Disconnecting the Workroom Deco Slave from the DS106 restores the two servers to my device list. AFAIK, the path to the server becomes Modem (Ethernet) Office Deco (Ethernet) E4200 (Ethernet) Workroom Deco (Wifi) Living Room Deco (Ethernet) DS106 (Ethernet) Servers.

Reconnecting the Workroom Deco to the DS106 removes the servers from my device list.

One of the servers is a minecraft server. I had been connecting to it with its device name (mcserver); however, after moving to the Deco network, I can no longer access the server via its device name. I can connect to the Minecraft server from the desktop regardless of the device displaying in the Deco App as long as I use its 192.168 IP address.

I have restarted both server machines, the Workroom Deco, and the E4200 with no luck.

My questions are:

What should I do to fix the Decos so I can see my wired devices (desktop and two servers)?

How can I configure my network to be able to access both servers through their device name instead of IP address?

How can I see my DS106 or E4200 to determine their IP addresses and confirm that the E4200 is in AP mode?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wired devices not showing behind switch
2023-08-02 11:14:48

@longhofz 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

I see your Deco S4 is V4 and the latest firmware is 1.1.1. Have you tried to update to the latest firmware first?

And since Deco does not support local DNS resolution, I think it is still not available to access the local servers via device names, instead of IP addresses.

If the latest firmware did not help with the client lists, please help me submit the Deco APP per the link:

How to submit Deco APP log

As for locating the IP addresses of the two switches, maybe you could run an ARP checking in the Command Prompt on the desktop to find the IP address via their physical MAC address.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 271

Replies: 1

Related Articles