BE85 Devices not showing up in the app that are on my network.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-03 22:34:03 - last edited 2023-08-03 23:09:04
Model: Deco BE85  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.7 Build 20230509 Rel. 85648

I have some esphome devices that I setup static ip's for and moved to the iot network I setup in the app. Since then the devices are connecting/dropping constantly and they often do not show up in the app though I can connect to them with the ip's I set previously. I have tried to reboot the devices as well as the router.

Also noticed my hue bridge, same story. I can access it via ip but it is nowhere in the app. I believe it was there at one time.

Options
3 Reply
Re:BE85 Devices not showing up in the app that are on my network.
2023-08-04 09:24:09

@findthelorax 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Is the Hue Bridge connected to the main Deco BE85 via Ethernet cable?

I wonder if you set up the ESP devices automatically getting IP addresses from Deco, would they become visible on the APP and more stable?

It is also suggested to disable "beamforming" under Deco APP>More>Advanced.

And if possible, please also help me submit the Deco APP per link:

Get stuck on Looking for Deco

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-08-04 09:39:32

@David-TP The hue bridge is connected to a managed switch then to the Deco. I can't see the switch IP or the hue bridge but I can see a couple other devices that are connected to the same switch. I have already removed the static IP's to see if that would help and I have disabled beamforming but it has not fixed anything, my next step will be to reset the router and try again. I have a second switch upstairs connected to the second router and I can see all the devices there.

Options
2023-08-14 10:59:51

@David-TP I have reset the routers and it seems to have a better connection but the app still shows the devices as not connected. When I scan for devices with the deco lab assistant I can see the wired ones like hue bridge but they do not show up in the app anywhere. I feel like this is also a security issue as you could have devices on your network that the router doesn't even show you. Please look into this.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 288

Replies: 3

Related Articles