How do I filter access to my AC1200 (RE330) Mesh Wi-Fi Extender by MAC address?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-05 16:02:41
Model: RE330  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Greetings,

I just bought the AC1200 Mesh Wi-Fi Extender (Model RE330). Everything is configured and the Extender is connected to my AT&T fiber router. I am able to connect devices to the Extender.

But how do I filter access to the AC1200 by MAC address?

Note that I'm not asking how to do this on my routerI already have that implemented, and the Extender itself is a device I have added to the Allow list on the router.

I'm asking how I can limit people's access to the AC1200 Extender.

I can't find anything in the Tether iPhone app that will enable me to do this, and the only references to MAC address I can find in the Support section of this website pertain to devices other than the AC1200.

I have also sent this inquiry to support.usa@tp-link.com, but am posting it here in case anyone knows the answer.

Thanks!

DM

Options
1 Reply
Re:How do I filter access to my AC1200 (RE330) Mesh Wi-Fi Extender by MAC address?
2023-08-08 02:43:58

@doctormelodious 

Hi, welcome to the community.

On the web UI of RE330, you could also set up Access Control under Settings>Advanced Settings>Access Control, such as

https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1404/

But the RE330 does not support settings up a schedule for Access Control yet.

Thank you very much.

best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 311

Replies: 1

Related Articles