Mix and matching deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Mix and matching deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Mix and matching deco
Mix and matching deco
2023-08-14 02:30:01

I have X55s and W2400s.  Can someone please tell me what features i will lose if i mix these models into a single network?

i noticed i lose WPA3 as soon as i add the W2400s on an existing X55 network.

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:Mix and matching deco
2023-08-15 05:51:53

@GCO771 Hi, there might be other features that required the support of both main Deco and satellite Deco, such as customizing the connection preference of mobile clients and the signal source of Deco W2400. You can still configure the IOT network on the Deco APP but Deco W2400 is unable to broadcast the related SSID. For other features, like VPN/Static Route/MTU, they just need the support of the main Deco.

Best regards.

Options
2023-08-16 00:58:03

@David-TP 

thank you for the info.  Really appreciate the answer.  I think i will keep the w2400 connected to my network.  So far i have not seen any features that i may need that got lost.  But i think wifi 6 may have disappeared.  Not sure how to test it though.

Options
2023-08-18 03:27:25 - last edited 2023-08-18 03:47:32

@David-TP  I have an M5 as my base unit and two W2400s as the two satellite mesh units and I am able to use the new "Connection Preference" feature as long as I make sure my mobile phone running the Deco app is connected to the main M5 base unit. It works in both main router mode as well as Access Point mode.

Sometimes the "Connection Preference"  settings menu option does vanish from the Deco app, yes, but whatever settings/connection preferences I had set previously do indeed seem to be retained despite the option no longer showing in the Deco app. If I need to make any changes or update any connection preferences for any clients/devices all I have to do is temporarily reboot the two satellite W2400 mesh units and then force close/restart the Deco app and the "Connection Preference" option reappears once again and I can make my updates and save them. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 236

Replies: 3

Related Articles