Deco W7200 Configure VPN Client and Add Print Server Functionality

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-19 01:06:59
Model: Deco W7200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 20230726

I just recently bought this unit. 

2 questions

• Installing a VPN Client on the unit (NordVPN). The TPLink data on the web states there is a function for VPN Client Enable on certain TPLink routers however it is not visible on the web interface or mobile app.
  • Installing a Print server to enable an older Hardwired Printer to be shared on the network.

Any advice appreciated. THanks in advance.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco W7200 Configure VPN Client and Add Print Server Functionality
2023-08-21 03:48:51

@heynowjerry 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Deco W7200-V1 with the latest firmware 1.2.2 does not yet support VPN server/client features.

As for the printer server, have you already got a plan for how to install the printer server? or Do you plan to connect the printer via Ethernet cable to W7200 directly?

If your current adapter already supported an Ethernet cable connection, the adapter itself could work as a LAN server and it does not need W7200 to support the printer server feature.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2023-08-22 16:34:59

David-TP wrote

@heynowjerry 

Deco W7200-V1 with the latest firmware 1.2.2 does not yet support VPN server/client features.

As for the printer server, have you already got a plan for how to install the printer server? or Do you plan to connect the printer via Ethernet cable to W7200 directly?

If your current adapter already supported an Ethernet cable connection, the adapter itself could work as a LAN server and it does not need W7200 to support the printer server feature.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

@David-TP 

I have a Brother wired printer without Wireless.

I will attach to switch (connected to Deco).

I then hope to access printer via Wireless on the network.

Options
2023-09-09 20:27:45

@heynowjerry Any response to my answers from a month back on this thread?

heynowjerry wrote

David-TP wrote

@heynowjerry 

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

@David-TP 

I have a Brother wired printer without Wireless.

I will attach to switch (connected to Deco).

I then hope to access printer via Wireless on the network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 382

Replies: 3

Related Articles