Using Archer AX55 Pro to repeat wifi via Ethernet from Archer A20

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-19 19:37:23
Model: Archer AX55 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have Archer A20 connected to modem. Wifi at far end of house is poor so bought Archer AX55 Pro and ran Ethernet from the A20 out to that end of the house. 
i need to learn how to set the AX55 so it is the same, not a new, wifi network and devices can connect automatically to which device is emitting the strongest signal.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Using Archer AX55 Pro to repeat wifi via Ethernet from Archer A20
2023-08-22 00:21:00

@AlphaMuis 

You are trying to make the routers into a mesh system and that dors not work. At best you may be able to set one in router mode and one in ap mode. Use the same ssid but make them on different channels. Not ideal because you will get an interrupt when changing routers.

Options
2023-08-22 01:46:02

@ArcherC8 

Thank you.

what would be the ideal device for what I'm wanting to do to have it be a mesh system so it is seamless broadcasting of a single wifi signal with no need to switch between different routers or channels?

Options
2023-08-22 01:48:37 - last edited 2023-08-22 01:54:34

@AlphaMuis 

I agree with @ArcherC8, you could refer to this guide to configure the second router as access point(Case 1): How to configure the TP-Link wireless router as Access Point

Or you could consider using two TP-Link EasyMesh routers to build an EasyMesh network, please refer to this EasyMesh product list for specific models:

TP-Link EasyMesh Devices

Note: Not all EasyMesh routers support Ethernet Backhaul, if you would like to connect the two routers via Ethernet cable only, please refer to this thread for models that support EasyMesh Ethernet Backhaul: EasyMesh Routers Support Building a EasyMesh Network via Ethernet Backhaul NOW

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-23 00:36:23

And another mesh option is to get extenders for the AX55 router that support Onemesh to replace that other router. I do not think the extenders support ethernet backhaul.

Options