Are there any wire extension kits for Kasa Led Light Strip KL430?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-21 19:57:53
Model: KL430  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

It seems that tp-link is using propritory connecting hardward unlike all the others availble on Amazon.

I need to create an unlite extension between 2 light strips for upper and lower desk lighting. I need about 3 feet. I can make my own, preferred, if I could acquire compatible connectors. Or, use a preassembled 3 foot strip with a male and female connectors at either end. 

Any ideas?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Are there any wire extension kits for Kasa Led Light Strip KL430?
2023-08-22 06:50:56

@vbPhil 

There's an extension version available for this light strip, KL430E, and it should include connectors in there. They don't have accessories for sale, not that i recalled. 

Options
2023-08-22 14:12:38 - last edited 2023-08-22 14:14:59

@GabrielMitch thx for reply.

I can't find a KL430E for sale anywhere. I suspect though that it is a lighted extension. I'm looking for an un-lighted cord.

Strange about the KL430. I purchased it on Amz for $37 one year ago. Today, they're selling on AMZ through 3rd party sellers for over $90. They must have discontinued them. The newer version is called the Tapa series instead of Kasa. Before I buy light strips again I'm checking to see how well they're supported and I think tp-link is out of the running.

The KL430 is a 6ft strip that consists of 2, 3ft strips connected together with their special connector. I want to seperate the 2 3ft strips by about 3 feet of just plain wire, no lights. I've ordered some wire and I'll just jury-rig it to work.

Options
2023-08-23 00:59:47

@vbPhil 

I see. Then I believe they probably don't have the accessories you're looking for. It might be best to search on Amazon.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 360

Replies: 3

Related Articles