any issues taking a network of Deco M9 Plus (US) all hardware Ver 2.8 and adding a few HW 1.1 units?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

any issues taking a network of Deco M9 Plus (US) all hardware Ver 2.8 and adding a few HW 1.1 units?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-23 03:19:53
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.6.1 build 20230403 Rel.66598

My home network is four Deco M9 Plus  units all hardware version 2.8 all are wired backhaul except the last one of a branch
My network has provided years of rock solid, speedy,  flawless service  and that includes right now.

For the cost of beer money I can acquire  three  additional M9+ units all hardware version 1.1

I don't "need" any of the additional units but for a price this cheap I thought I would extend my kickbutt wifi network down into the basement and out into the garage.

My questions are:
* are there any issues with mixing / matching  hardware units of hardware 2.8 with 1.1 in the same network?

* prior owner made no effort to update firmware of their units. will I have any issues adding old firmware units into my existing network.
* will the deco app have any issues doing "firmware updates" when hardware versions of various units are different?

* will increasing the number of nodes in my network from 4 to 7 cause any issues
(to help you answer this please know throughout my network any 2 decos are always separated by at least a drywall construction closet wall)

Are there really obvious questions I should have asked but failed to do so ?
thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:any issues taking a network of Deco M9 Plus (US) all hardware Ver 2.8 and adding a few HW 1.1 units?
2023-08-24 08:27:10

@OracleDBA 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Deco M9 plus V2.8 would work well with V1 and you could also update the firmware of V1 separately via the web management page/upgrade utility after adding them into the Mesh system.

How to Update the Firmware of Deco

The main issue would be with your last question. I think the current 2 satellite Deco M9 plus units are wirelessly connected to each other, right? For a pure wireless Mesh network, it is suggested less than 6 units in a Mesh Network to keep a decent network speed and wireless stability. Is there any chance that you could connect the basement or garage Deco via Ethernet cables to other Decos in the Mesh network?

How many Deco units do I need? Are they all the same?

General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 189

Replies: 1

Related Articles