AXE5300 cannot connect to Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-04 01:20:29
Model: Deco XE5300  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

I setup my AXE5300 (bought from Costco) to replace existing Orbi mesh which I've had for several years.

I properly connected all the units (via Wifi); they are talking to each other fine. I can clearly see them all on my Deco app.

But, the unit that is wired to the ISP Internet device says it can't connect to the Internet. Light is solid red on the Deco.

My old Orbi connected the same way and it worked just fine (via Dyamic IP). When switch to the Deco, no Internet. I properly powered down the ISP Internet device and the Deco unit properly; and powered up. I tried connecting the CAT cable to port 1, 2 and 3 respectively on the Deco; still no Internet.

I reached out to my ISP and they confirmed my configuration; they gave me static IP settings to try; I confirmed that I entered them properly via Deco app; still no Internet.

Any ideas or anything else I can try?

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:AXE5300 cannot connect to Internet
2023-09-05 10:44:56

@ChetW 

Hi, have you also tried to clone the MAC address on the old Orbi router to Deco to see whether it helped:

How to Configure MAC Clone on Deco if Deco fails to connect to the internet

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 606

Replies: 1

Related Articles