Deco 1.9.0 Feature Overview: Wi-Fi Access Control, Matter, Local Only Modes (Coming Soon)

Deco 1.9.0 Feature Overview: Wi-Fi Access Control, Matter, Local Only Modes (Coming Soon)

41 Reply
Re:Deco 1.9.0 Feature Overview: Wi-Fi Access Control, Matter, Local Only Modes (Coming Soon)
2023-11-08 01:54:13 - last edited 2023-11-08 01:54:22

Hey @wase4711,

I apologize for the experience that you had with your network and support. With so many significant features being added, I know from my perspective it has been difficult to determine what troubleshooting steps need to be taken.

I would still appreciate you creating a new thread if you still have your devices so that our local team in the US can take a closer look at the case, especially if you are having instability problems with the BE95 on the latest firmware version. I don't think that the BE95 has received an update recently, and I have not heard of similar cases hanging around.

As for the latest firmware updates, this latest batch of firmware updates has been a bit more chaotic than usual due to the firmware bringing deco firmware within a singular platform - meaning that optimizations and updates can be delivered much quicker and more efficiently. The improvements can already be seen, as these models have already received fixes and additional updates. Before these updates, features and firmware updates were sporadic and not intended to include new features.

For a web interface for Mesh networks, this is unfortunately not something that is widely available, even outside of our brand. This is usually now reserved for traditional routers, such as Archer Routers, and Business Class products, such as managed switches. 

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options
Re:Deco 1.9.0 Feature Overview: Wi-Fi Access Control, Matter, Local Only Modes (Coming Soon)
2023-11-08 13:10:48 - last edited 2023-11-08 13:13:38

@Riley_S thanks for writing back

I would have responded sooner, but my internet has dropped out about 5 times already today

your wifi 7 offerings have lots of issues, and you should have held off on releasing this unfinished stuff until more of the bugs were fixed; I know of several people who had these products and all returned them for this exact same reason, so not sure where you are getting your info about no one else having issues with this product line

Not going to start anymore threads, as I am done with these products, and done with Deco as well

saying a web interface for mesh systems isnt widely available is not a true statement, as I know of many manufacturers who have provided that for years; ever heard of a company called ASUS????LINKSYS???AMPLIFY?? They are just a few of the companies providing web interfaces for their mesh products..

good luck with this product line, you will need it..

Options
2023-11-08 18:14:30

@wase4711,

It's not about the whole Wi-Fi 7 product line, but more so an individual model. What you saw mentioned on Reddit regarding updates already addressing the behavior, applies to the BE95 also.
I know for a fact that a few of the behaviors mentioned in your Reddit post have been addressed in recent updates. If you are still having problems, it could be something as simple as missing the most recent update, or there may be something unique in your network causing the behavior. From what I have seen across the Wi-Fi 7 models, you should not be having problems. 

Web Interface: 

While the companies that you mention offer a web interface, from what I can tell it is relatively similar to what is seen on the web interface for Deco - with many of the features being limited or intended for initial setup. I am more than happy to forward the feedback, but more specifics are always needed, such as what features are needed on the web interface or examples of a web interface for a full-fledged mesh system.

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

Options
2023-12-07 22:23:37

@Riley_S 

Riley_S wrote

@wase4711,

It's not about the whole Wi-Fi 7 product line, but more so an individual model. What you saw mentioned on Reddit regarding updates already addressing the behavior, applies to the BE95 also.
I know for a fact that a few of the behaviors mentioned in your Reddit post have been addressed in recent updates. If you are still having problems, it could be something as simple as missing the most recent update, or there may be something unique in your network causing the behavior. From what I have seen across the Wi-Fi 7 models, you should not be having problems. 

Web Interface: 

While the companies that you mention offer a web interface, from what I can tell it is relatively similar to what is seen on the web interface for Deco - with many of the features being limited or intended for initial setup. I am more than happy to forward the feedback, but more specifics are always needed, such as what features are needed on the web interface or examples of a web interface for a full-fledged mesh system.

@Riley_S When will the BE85 see these features added? I understand it takes time and you dont want to rush it. Is there a rought time frame for this firmware upgrade? Do you have a list of whats coming for the Wifi 7 models? I had read that HomeShield Pro with Norton antivirus and app blocking was coming on the Deco Wifi 7 models. I was disappointed its not there yet.

Also please look at Asus routers for a web interface, they are by far the best. You can honesty forget the rest. Asus sets the bar for web gui with 3 x the options TP-link has. I bought the Tp-Link BE85 for the hardware, Asus use Broadcom and Tp-Link uses Qualcomm. Also please look at there App. Thank you.

Options
2023-12-08 16:34:16

@Riley_S 

When will the 1.3.0 or 1.9.0 update be available for the XE5300 router?  At present my app says 1.2.8 version is up to date.  I need to implement a whitelist mode and would like to know when it will be available for my system.  Thank you for any information you may have about this.

Thank you

RWT

Options
2023-12-08 17:26:40

@RWT,

Unfortunately, we don't have any real idea about specific releases. This firmware is now available for a few models, but compatibility has not yet spread beyond the models mentioned in the above post. Saying that, I would assume that your model would be quick to receive the feature once a wider rollout is seen - at least based on how firmware has rolled out to previous models.

As this is a very large update from a technical standpoint, bringing more isolation / security features while also adding new protocols such as Matter - it may take slightly longer for this firmware to be fully tested and made available to additional models.

Options
2024-01-02 22:51:25

@Riley_S I have recently purchased 6 of the XE75 Pro. When will this firmware be available?

Since these units are more premium than XE55, shouldn't these features be available already?

Many thanks. 

Options
2024-01-03 17:56:04

@MattPorter,

Keep in mind the fact that the X55 has been out a much longer time than the XE75 Pro, let alone adds the 6GHz band for use. For some features, it is required that all nodes on your network be compatible so it is important that the firmware is released to all Decos, not just the newest models - especially since many people use older/lesser models for the satellite nodes.

I am saying that the XE75 Pro is on the major firmware release prior to this one, so I would expect it to arrive soon. However, the firmware is still only available on a few models with the X55 working as the first release for real world tests. 

Options
2024-01-28 14:14:04

@Riley_S 

Good morning. So as it stands right now how many models are currently using this new update. I'm looking at upgrading my equipment with a tri band and I want to get something that either has or will have real soon this update. 

Options
2024-01-28 16:22:46 - last edited 2024-01-28 16:26:55

@Randym1988 I'm in three XE75 Pro's May I just add here that v 1.9 is a game changer. All the little annoyances like slow loading web pages when heavy traffic over an ethernet port and random ping spikes are gone. No random wifi drops either ever. I have been though this with Netgear stuff as well. Good hardware is never great until the firmware has matured. 1.9 is matured firmware from TP-Link. Also, the gamers in my family are thrilled about the wobbly latency being gone. 

Options