Deco X55 Pro base into unmanaged switch has onewired device not recognized

2023-09-07 22:01:49
Model: Deco X55 Pro  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 20230725

I have the Base of my Deco X55 Pro system connected directly into an 8 port Tp-Link unmanged switch.  That switch has 4 ports out being used.  One port supplies a desktop computer, and this is not working.  The three other devices supplied by the switch all work without problems.

The desktop that will not communicate keeps showing that an ethernet cable is not plugged in when I run Windows diagnostics.  It worked without problems with the older router used as a switch.  I have used a cable tester and the cable from the current switch to the computer tests OK.  I have installed a new network adapter card into the desktop thinking that maybe the motherboard one had failed, but I get the same error.  I have swapped ports on the switch without success.

I cannot understand why only this one device will not recognize the network.  Again, it had no problem with the old router.

Any ideas?  Thanks

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco X55 Pro base into unmanaged switch has onewired device not recognized
2023-09-08 03:43:40

@amrunner4 

Hi, have you configured any static IP address on this laptop? Maybe it still used the previous IP settings from the old router?

It is suggested to refer to this link to check the IP settings on the laptop:

How to find your IP address on Windows OS

Please also check on the Deco APP whether the PC is in the Block List.

Best regards.

Options
2023-09-09 13:55:39

@David-TP When I tried the CMD>ipconfig, every response is "media disconnected."  When troubleshooting using Windows, I keep getting the notice that the ethernet cable is unplugged, which it isn't.  And as I explained above, the cable tester shows the cable is in normal working order.

I swapped the computer to another wired outlet where a different desktop was successfully connected, and this computer did connect, so there shouldn't be a static IP assigned to it.  There is something about that one ethernet plug that this Deco system does not like.  It worked with an older TP-Link 3600 router used as a switch, but not this Deco system.

Anything else to try?

Options
2023-09-14 09:05:51

@amrunner4 Hi, sorry for the delay, and thanks a lot for your time and patience.

Are you still having the same issue? I reviewed the previous record and It is still quite odd that Deco could limit the internet access on one Ethernet port from the switch.

If you were still experiencing the same issue on the desktop, it would help if you could help me confirm the following details:

With a network topology like:

ISP modem---main base Deco X55 Pro---8 Port TP-Link unmanaged switch---4 wired laptops or other wired devices.

The problem is, that one of the desktops is unable to get internet from the switch.

During further testing, it was found that if the desktop is connected to another port from the switch, it worked well.

While replacing Deco X55 Pro with the old TP-Link 3600, still connecting the 8-port switch behind, the desktop could work well with the same cable when connecting to the switch via the same Ethernet port.

(Please tell me directly if there is any misunderstanding, Thank you in advance.)

May I know the model number of the 8-Port TP-Link unmanaged switch? is the TP-Link 3600 Deco X3600?

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2023-09-14 15:16:58

@David-TP  

1.  Yes.  Still having the problem.  Still cannot figure out why this one network outlet is not recognized.

2.  The network topology is correct.  

ISP modem > Deco X55 Pro base unit > TP Link TL-SG108 8 port switch > 4 wired devices

3.  When the desktop that is not recognizing a connected ethernet cable is moved to one of the other three network outlets, the desktop is recognized and works.  When connected to the network outlet that does not work, Windows diagnosticstroubleshooter gives me the notice that an ethernet cable is unplugged.  I used a cable tester to confirm continuity of the cable from the switch connection all the way to the network card on the desktop.

4.  PRIOR to installing the Deco X55 sysytem, I used a TPL 3600 router which was placed in the following network topology

ISP modem > TP Link 3600 router > 4 wired devices

I used the 4 ethernet connections on the back of the router to the wired devices, and therefore did not need a switch

switch model number:  TL-SG108

prior router:  TL-WDR3600

Deco X55 unit:  TP-Link AX3000 Deco X55 PRO

Again, thanks for your help.  This has me stumped.  I would rather not use a wifi card on the desktop, but rather prefer a wired connection as before

Options
2024-01-01 00:35:50 - last edited 2024-01-01 00:38:53

@amrunner4 

I'm in almost the same situation.

My setup is:

ISP router -- Deco X55 -- TP-link SG108E -- PCs

I have 2 PC, a desktop (Linux) and a Laptop (Windows).

Previously I had the SG108E connected directly to the ISP router with no problem.

My Deco X55 is also connected in backhaul Ethernet to a X55 pair.

WiFi clients works with no problem.

I tried connect from my Linux box, using DHCP and static IP.

At some point my Deco registered my PC in the connections list, with the right MAC address and the static IP, but no data was passed.

Is there any specific port for Downlink to switch?

Options