help. i need ur advice.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

help. i need ur advice.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
help. i need ur advice.
help. i need ur advice.
2023-09-08 02:01:06
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.26

so i bought a tplink archer ax1800 last week. darn thing is too weak to go thru my apt walls. even with a ranger extender!

should i buy a deco mesh system?   apt is 1500 sq feet. two bedrooms, two baths, kitchen, dining area, living area.

why should it be so hard to get a wifi signal that can travel the apt?

thanks for your advice

garrett

Options
2 Reply
Re:help. i need ur advice.
2023-09-08 18:24:00

@Gabbo77,

A few things,

You should try to maximize your range and find the cause of the decreased range before looking for additional devices.

• Try moving around the router to see if there is interference from devices or appliances.
  • Your Range Extender should also be placed halfway between where you want to extend your connection and your router for the best connection.
  • Try changing the channel that your router is using to see if there is interference on that channel from your neighbors

If you have a larger home, you may have a better and smoother experience with Deco. However, you would still need to make sure that each mesh node has a strong connection to the main mesh node, whether it be wired or wireless.

Options
Re:help. i need ur advice.
2023-09-09 23:03:56

@Gabbo77 

try moving the router, try different height, turn the router in different directions, being in an apt, channel selection is more important as other units my be using same channel. If you have metal studs in the walls, that may be a factor. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 179

Replies: 2

Related Articles