S4 3.6 Connection Preference Update?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-09 21:44:46
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.1

I recently bought a set of 3 S4's and need to lock particular devices to one router. I see that the hardware version 4.6 has this feature in the firmware, but the 3.6 does not. Are there plans to update the 3.6's firmware to accomodate this? Without this feature I cannot make the best use of these devices and will be returning them.

Options
1 Reply
Re:S4 3.6 Connection Preference Update?
2023-09-12 00:48:24

@sgtlmj,

We really cannot say whether or not a specific model will receive the feature since we just don't know. The goal for the feature is to add the feature to as many Deco models as possible. 

The version 4.6 was the first model of the S4 family to receive the update, and only received it last month. I would expect the firmware to appear in the next few weeks, however there is no knowing for sure. the rollout for this feature has been taking place over the last year, so it may still take a short while for it to appear.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 279

Replies: 1

Related Articles