IP/Mac binding not working.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-11 11:21:12
Model: Archer C5400X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.4 Build 20230801 rel.5325

Hello,

No matter what I try, the IP/Mac binding isn't working at all.   I'm not sure what special method you have setup to make it work, but it shouldn't be that difficult. 

When I used it on my ASUS router, I put in the Mac Address and IP that I wanted to use, and bam, the device used that ip.   With this router, no matter what I do, the IP address never changes. 

Please share you secret to success.

I've read the fhelp posts and what they had to do to get it to work is rediculous.  It was on a different TPLink router but still rediculous. 

Regards, 

Richard

Options
1 Reply
Re:IP/Mac binding not working.
2023-09-12 03:33:09

@RickNoy 

Hi, if you would like to reserve IP addresses to client devices, please use address reservation feature, you could follow this guide: How to configure Address Reservation on Wi-Fi Routers

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options