AX1500 and RE305 Onemesh will not enable

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-11 14:29:05
Model: RE305   Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.9 Build 20230728 Rel. 45716(5553)

Purchased an AX1500 for use as my main router and an RE305 to extend my network to the back of the house and garage. Both show as supporting onemesh, and the RE305 shows up as onemesh capable in the Tether app.  

Any attempt to add the RE305 and configure as a mesh network on the AX1500, in the tether app, will result in an "operation failed" message.  Attempting to add the device via the web interface fails as well.  When logging into the RE305, and going to the onemesh page, it says that there is no compatible device.

I specifically went with these devices, due to them both supporting onemesh. Both also stated in the specs and on the packages as onemesh compatible. So why will the device not work ?

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX1500 and RE305 Onemesh will not enable
2023-09-11 22:20:04

@Thevolget,

If onemesh is enabled on the router when the RE is first configured via WPS or a web browser, i think it will automatically connect as a onemesh device. How did you connect your RE to your exiting Wi-Fi?

Just in case, please keep in mind that wired connections from a router to Range extender do not support OneMesh and must be configured as an AP.

I would recommend performing a factory reset and attempting to connect the RE to your network using WPS. Range Extenders are infamous for having bad initial setups or miscommunicating parameters. Otherwise, I would try the initial setup of the device via the web interface of your router, as this tends to be a more stable experience.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! | Get Started Here!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 261

Replies: 1

Related Articles