Deco M4 IP Configuration Failure?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-14 22:43:04

To start off I'm not very tech savvy and don't understand all the correct terms or how everything really works. My ISP is Spectrum. I had a Deco M3 (I believe) mesh system with two satellites for about 18 months ago. About two days ago some of my devices had trouble connecting and my app would not connect to the device. After contacting support through TP-Link I was asked to leave the Deco powered on and connected, and unplug my modem and coax cable. I was told this will reset the IP. This worked for about three hours. The next day I did the same thing and it would work for about 20 minutes- except the app still wouldn't connect and only some devices would connect to the wifi (my iPhone and cameras were the only thing that could connect) after more troubleshooting, TP-Link offered a replacement and I'm in the process of doing that now. I decided to go to Target to buy a new Deco M4 system to hold me over. The setup process went well... until the same thing happened again. At this point I thought it may not be a Deco issue so I contacted my ISP who told me there's nothing they can do because the modem is online. Again, my iPhone will still connect to the Deco but the app and my desktop won't. I tried typing in my IP to my browser to get to the admin page and that isn't working either. I have no way of updating the firmware. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M4 IP Configuration Failure?
2023-09-14 22:44:05
I’d also like to add that my TV keeps saying “IP configuration failure”, and for a moment on the app it said the Deco can’t read my the IP of my modem
Options
Re:Deco M4 IP Configuration Failure?
2023-09-15 08:38:36

@abx1417 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

Have you noticed any LED changes on the Deco M4 when devices reported “IP configuration failure” and Deco APP reported, "We couldn't find Deco"?

Is the new Deco M4 still V2? (You could check on the bottom product label.)

Did you save the screenshot that the "app said the Deco can’t read the IP of my modem"?

If you connect a laptop via an Ethernet cable to the Spectrum modem directly, will you experience the same issue?

Wait for your reply and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 210

Replies: 2

Related Articles